Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print same drawing, in diffident scales, in same sheet (A4), in C3D,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JamaL9722060
909 Views, 4 Replies

I wanted to print a drawing (attached) in different scales (1/100, 1/2500, 1/5000) in the same sheet (A4) in the C3D but sounds not to work (attached)!

At which viewport scale this drawing might be successfully printed?

In the regular AutoCAD this drawing is quite easy to be printed (attached)!

Thank you

Best

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
neilyj666
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Looks like some sort of metric / imperial conversion problem - are you starting Civil 3D from a metric template?

I copied and pasted the m.dwg into a new template drawing and the created viewports were ok

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 5
JamaL9722060
in reply to: neilyj666

Thank you neilyj for the help and the screenshot,

I’m using “AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 - English Metric” and the units of my drawing are meter. Nevertheless, it didn’t work with me

In the regular AutoCAD, I could set these three scales (1/1000, 1/2500/ 1/5000) in the same sheet while in the C3D I couldn’t!

Then which viewport scale should I choose to have the (1/1000, 1/2500/ 1/5000) (attached)?

Could you please send me back the file with correct scales appearing in the screenshot? I need to try it in my machine!

What other issues might be related to this issue?

Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 5
neilyj666
in reply to: JamaL9722060

The text labels are behaving as intended - your text label is set to be 3mm and in the attached the text is 3mm in all 3 viewports (1000,2500 and 5000) if the scales went to 500 and 250 the labels would be legible (but still would be 3mm high)

The only way to get around this I suspect will be to create new styles and set the text to be 1.5mm.

I'd question though the need to label viewports of this size with text at 1:2500 and 1:5000 - they are a bit small to actually see anything??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 5
JamaL9722060
in reply to: neilyj666

Thank you very much neilyj for the prompt help,

• Sure, it might not make sense to have those scales (1/1000, 1/2500, 1/5000) for my drawing on an A4 paper size. Just I wanted to produce a sample.

• Unfortunately, I couldn’t know how to control the size of the contour text (attached) and then to switch it to 1.5mm. May you please elaborate about this issue.

• The screenshot looks gorgeous! I failed to generate them anyway. Could you please

1. Send me their dwg file
  2. Indicate the viewport choice (attached)
  3. The plot scale (attached)
  4. The text height

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report