Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import user-defined Survey Point properties

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
anogramatic
729 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to import user-defined Survey Point properties

I am trying to import a csv file which contains borehole data.

Through the "Manage Extended Properties" Box I've input all the User-defined columns to be imported from my csv file.  I have then inserted these to drawing.

Now, when I import my survey data from the csv file (using a new point file format that i created), the points are all showing up, but the user-defined data is not.

Before I accept the "Import Survey Data", I can see in the Preview (under the Specify data Source" tab that the data is being picked up, (See attachment BH01).  However, it is showing no data in the attributes table in toolspace after the import (see "ba02"), and thus I am unable to query the data based on these values.

Any help on how to resolve this would be most appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
owenmull
in reply to: anogramatic

To get the data to display into C3D, you have to set up Property Classifications. Create a new Classification, add all your Properties to it, then you can call those properties in the Point File Format, and use those entities in a label.

The linked video shows you how to do this, mind you at the end I show how to call the classification within a label.

http://www.screencast.com/t/chG2or7W9IiG

Doing it this way, when you select the point in C3D, these custom properties will also be displayed in the Properties window along with the other typical point information.

HTH

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
in reply to: owenmull

Nice video tutorial, Owen!

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 4
owenmull
in reply to: Pointdump

Thanks, Dave.

I sometimes find it easier just to show a video, rather than post an essay with pictures. 🙂

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report