Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to display contours in AutoCAD 2010

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
frustratedCADuser26
911 Views, 9 Replies

Unable to display contours in AutoCAD 2010

I have made a surface with a point group, added breaklines and a boundary.  The surface was created successfully and the boundary appears to have integrity with the surface.  I try to display the contours on with the surface style manager See picture below

Surface style.JPG

Clicking on these light bulbs does not toggle them to 'on'. Infact nothing in this dialogue box is toggleable.  It is all just for show.

I know the surface is good because I can add spot elevations which appear to be completely valid.  I 'check for contour problems' and none are found. 

For this particular surface the elvations vary from 20 - 24 and I have set the minor contours to 1' intervals ( I also tried 0.5 to troubleshoot).  There are no locked levels all surface items automatically go to layer 0 (not sure if this is the problem).  I have changed every option in the contour tab.  Im not sure what contour depression is but it sounds like a phychiatric condition that I am developing from this issue, either way it does not solve my problem.

Please omit the obvious troubleshooting steps (turn on all layers/regen all/ etc).  Thanks in advance to the CAD ninja who has dealt with this before.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Just so we don't go through any obvious fixes. Post a drawing with just the surface and any data used for creating it. That way we can go through the list ourselves.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10

Points in group - Surface Points

Breaklines on layer -BREAKLINES

Surface is called Exist Ground

simple as that

Message 4 of 10

Does it happen to be the "LEVELOFDETAILOFF" command?

Nevermind, I see you are in 2010

Message 5 of 10

I have 2014 so I can't send you the drawing in 2010.

• In modelspace type PLAN at the command line and select World.
  • Zoom back to the site, select the boundary and edit the Surface Style.
  • On the display tab confirm that the View Direction is Plan.
  • Set Major and Minor Contours to Visible.
  • OK out and you should see your contours.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: AllenJessup

Yeah, I just opened the file in 2011, turned the lightbulbs on and the contours appeared.

Message 7 of 10
Jay_B
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

@Sindarin wrote:

Yeah, I just opened the file in 2011, turned the lightbulbs on and the contours appeared.

Ditto for 2012.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 8 of 10

Nope.  Light bulbs are still frozen. 

Message 9 of 10

So you cannot click on the lightbulbs at all???

I would suggest trying to repair Civil 3D at this point.

Message 10 of 10

Thanks everybody but I have found a solution.  I tried this on a different PC in my office and it worked fine.  Apparently there is a faulty setting on my machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report