Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT! Single layout eTransmit of multilayout drawing.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
talvasconcelos
4245 Views, 6 Replies

URGENT! Single layout eTransmit of multilayout drawing.

Hi, can someone give me some help? I have this massive project ongoing and i have multilayot drawings. The client asks for an etransmit for each individual drawing/layout. I have all the entire project on sheetset and i can do an etransmit for each drawing, but then i have to open every single zip file (200 files) to delete the layouts not corresponding to that particular drawing number.

Does anyone know of a way to etransmit just 1 layout? or delete the ones that i don't want in the process of etransmiting?

I'm on the final stage of the project, on a tight schedule, and this would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,

Tiago Vasconcelos

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: talvasconcelos

Don't know of a way to Etransmit to separate layouts but there are lisps such as JTB World's LayoutsToDwgs.lsp that split the drawings into separate Layout Tabs.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
talvasconcelos
in reply to: Jay_B

I jst found and experimented that lisp right before i saw your post. It seems to half solve my problem. I have to do an etransmit afterwards, buts a gtreat help. Thank you so much!!

Message 4 of 7
KirkNoonan

You can right-click the individual sheets in the SSM and make etransmit files from them. It won't remove the other layouts from the dwg file, but you will have one cad file per sheet.

Message 5 of 7
abubakars

Here is another one solution which may help you what you are looking for.

Download the Free Batch tool BatchInEditor or BatchInDatabase from Autodesk Exchange Apps.

1. Load all your drawings to batch

2. Add command "Xref-Copy" to copy all the xref from the drawings to a specific location

3. If you want bind the drawing then instead of Xref-Copy" command you can add command "Xref-Bind"

4. For Images to extract add command "Image-Extract" and for PDF "PDF-Extract"

5. Add plot style report command to extract the pen setting (ctb) files

6. Add command "Layout Export" to split them as individual drawings.

7. Finally add all the commands to files then start the batch operation

See the Layout-Export Video which demostrates the command using another tool "LayoutManager"

Download the main application from Autodesk Exchange Apps from the link above and upon completion of installation download the update from the below link

http://www.CADManagerTools.com

Hope this may help you.

Message 6 of 7
Neilw_05

It seems to me this matter should have been addressed before you set up your project. Did the client specify what they required as deliverables? That would dictate how to set up your sheets. If it was not specified then you should not be obligated to provide a deliverable that does not suit the project.

Perhaps by considering what they are needing to achieve on their end you can find an alternative solution.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for all your help. I ended up splitting the drawings with the layoutstodwg lisp. Then added them to the sheetset and did the etransmits from there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report