Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Off Annotative Structure Labels??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gunnarl
632 Views, 3 Replies

Turning Off Annotative Structure Labels??

Is there anyway to keep the structure labels from being annotative in AutoCAD C3D 2010? When working in the viewport they keep getting bigger and smaller, bigger and smaller. It's hard to place them when they keep changing sizes. HAHA. I tried changing the text height in the style, but that option is grayed out/locked and can not be edited. Does that mean it's a child style and the parent style will need to be changed? I just want my structure labels to stay the size they are once placed. Thanks in advance!

Gunnar
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
areese9779
in reply to: gunnarl

If you are working through your viewport from model space, I would zoom your viewport to the desired scale, and then lock the viewport. This will allow you to zoom in and out as much as like, without changing the scale of your viewport, thereby leaving your annotation the same size.
Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Dell Precision M4800, Windows 10 64-bit
Message 3 of 4
gunnarl

That's what I'm doing now to tie me over. I was hoping i could turn it off so i could still use the VPMAX command. I have a bunch of small scaled viewports on different layouts and the VPMAX made it nice so i didn't have to go from tab to tab to edit each part of my drawing. VPMAX just cut down the amount of time I spent switching layouts. Maybe, I'm just being lazy. HAHA.
Message 4 of 4
Civil3DReminders

Take a look at Drawing Conversion Scale and expressions. Here's an example:
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/2008/03/drawing-conversion-scale-example.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report