Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off end Alignment Label in Plan

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
elaine3051
9789 Views, 6 Replies

Turn off end Alignment Label in Plan

I am working in C3D 2011. The end station on my alignment is 163+02. The last major station label is 163+00. The label text overlap. I want to turn off the end label of 163+02. The end station is not checked in my Alignment Style or in the Geometry Points style. I am assuming there is a command in the Settings/Alignment/Commands that is overriding the changes I have made in individual styles. I have found some post concerning this from 2004 but they do not seem to be applicable in 2011. Which rabbit hole do I need to go down to resolve this issue? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: elaine3051

Hold the Ctrl key down and then use the Delete key to eradicate that rascal.

Bill

Message 3 of 7
tcorey

The easiest way is to hold CTRL and pick the label you want deleted. Hit delete.

Another way is to Edit Alignment labels. In the row for Major Stations, uncheck End Station and then type the station where you want the last label.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 7
JOVO85

You can also Ctrl+Click it then right click it and select label properties where you can just change Visible value to "False" or change the Flipped value to "True" to move it to the other side of the alignment. I like to use the latter when possible so I can show the end station without the conflict.

Most of my aligments seem to end right after a major station for some reason.

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

Message 5 of 7
elaine3051
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for everyones replies. The "Control"-select-delete works. However I would like to not even deal with it. I think I have a Command setting that needs to be changed. If I do as Bill suggested, and uncheck the end station and re-label the alignment, the darn end station is still showing. For some reason the Alignment style labeling is not recognizing, or holding, the setting.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

You missed a step. Uncheck the 'End Station' box, AND enter in the last station you want labeled, so in this case, you would enter 163+00 into the end station dialogue box.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Is there no way to simply turn off the start/end station labels from the Major Stations label style? I already label the begin and end points of my alignment with a separate Geometry Points labels style, so I don't need the Major Stations label style to also label them. I would prefer not to have to CTRL+Click and delete every instance. I also would prefer to not have to uncheck the start/end station boxes and enter a new start/end station at every alignment. The project I'm working on contains hundreds of alignments, so a more universal solution would save a lot of time and decrease the chances of errors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report