Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Mapbook

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dasindog
296 Views, 3 Replies

Troubleshooting Mapbook

I posted this in the MAP forum but haven't had a response yet. I am trying to create a mapbook. I have attached XREFs in model space and I have created a template with the appropriate map placeholders. Here are my settings for "create map book"

Source: Model Space

Sheet Template: My template with a scale of 40

Tiling Scheme: By Area

Naming Scheme: Columns and Rows

Key: None

Legend: None

Sheet Set: Create New

Mapbook creates the tiles and associated layouts. The polylines representing the tiles are in the correct orientation and coordinates. The layout viewport it creates does not match up to the locations it uses in Modelspace and the scale does not match the settings in the setup or of the viewport of the template.

What causes this? I can't seem to find this specific problem in any of the previous posts.

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: dasindog

When you use the scale and overlap in the mapbook setup it throws it out of whack. A former Autodesk AE did a white paper and blog posting on it along with the math you need to do in order to get it right. That may be the issue you are seeing.  

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
phil_borycens
in reply to: Murph_Map

This might be the material that Murph is referring to. It was written specifically for Industry Model users, but the Map Book concepts in it still apply.

Publishing Infrastructure Data to Map Books

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=9036

Phil Borycens
Message 4 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: phil_borycens

Here's a link to the blog I was speaking of. http://gisx.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html I didn't have my bookmarks with me when I replied before.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report