Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with PaperSpace

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Jake_Davis
278 Views, 3 Replies

Trouble with PaperSpace

Hey guys,

I'm having some troubles with AutoCAD Civil 3D, I've been working on a uni project and  I need to start placing my model into paperspace to start printing. When I create a viewport everything is way out of scale, some text is huge, the graphs seem to be vertically exaggerated to the point that they come up as lines.. I've tried to play around with the scaling and the exaggerations in the model functions but I've had no luck... 

I have attached some pictures to describe what I am talking about below.

If someone could please give my some guidence as to how I can fix these problems that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Screenshot 2014-04-12 14.35.05.png

This is how my model looks.

Screenshot 2014-04-12 14.39.02.png

This is what the viewport looks like.

Screenshot 2014-04-12 14.42.08.png

This is the exaggerated text in the profile views.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

all sizes (most cases text and annotation objects) defined in Civil3D-styles are depending from viewport scale, and to see them in the correct size you have to run _REGEN (or _REGENALL) after you changed the scale/zoom-factor.

So the way for profileviews is: zoom first within the viewport so you can see the axis of the diagrams as large as possible, then set the viewports scale to a value you need for plotting and then run _REGENALL ==> now the text/labels/bands are regenerated for that specific viewport scale.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

Regen didn't work, but regenall worked!!

Thank you so much Alfred
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

>> Regen didn't work, but regenall worked!!

_REGEN only works in the current space, so if you are in paperspace and not (within the viewport) in modelspace, only the paperspace get's regenerated.

If you do a double click within the viewport, then _REGEN would help ... for the content visible in that viewport.

The advantage of _REGENALL is that it regenerates all that is currently visible, so objects in paperspace and also objects in all viewports (the disadvantage of _REGENALL is: it's slower 😉 ).

Anyway, good to know it's working now for you, thx for the feedback!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report