Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimble Link for Civil 3D 2011 64-bit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Cadguru42
2234 Views, 5 Replies

Trimble Link for Civil 3D 2011 64-bit

I'm sure this is really a Trimble problem, but I thought I'd see if anyone else ever had this before I wade through the horror that is Trimble's support.  I'm having trouble with Trimble Link for the latest version of Civil 3D.  The program installed without any errors on Windows 7 64-bit and the ribbon for it shows up.  When Import Jobs is clicked, it finds the data collector and the jobs on it.  The problem is when it brings the job in, I get an error stating "Datum grids and geoid models are not supported."  This is a strange error considering it's not the normal "No Datum grids or geoids found".  I have the geoid file installed in the Trimble Link folder under GeoData like the help file says, which is why I'm confused why the error says they aren't supported at all.  

Has anyone else encountered this error?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AlienCow
in reply to: Cadguru42

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I'm getting the same error in Civil 3D 2012 on Windows 7 (64 bit).

Message 3 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: AlienCow

Trimble never answered my question and no one here has either.  We just export the points to a CSV file and copy the file to the computer, then import that into the survey database.  We don't use any of Trimble's software for anything anymore because of their horrible support.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 6
chadrazink

i had to make sure that .ggf was not only on data collector but also on my c drive under program files, common files, trimble, geo data. make sure there is not a (1) behind your geoid model else it won't match when you try to import.

Message 5 of 6
strsi681
in reply to: chadrazink

I'm having this issue in Civil 3d 2014. I've copied the same geoid being used off my controller to all GeoData folders, I've even created them where I shouldn't have just in case. Still nothing. The biggest surveying equipment provider and the biggest CAD provider can't get their two products to talk. 

Message 6 of 6
jefflambert9091

You got that right!!!!  What a shame. I found that you can transfer your job file (*.job) out of the collector to your computer and use the ASCII File generator program to convert the job to any of the Trimble style sheets including FBK and CSV files. It keeps the prism constants too.

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report