Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimble AECC_COGO_POINTS error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
elaine3051
419 Views, 6 Replies

Trimble AECC_COGO_POINTS error

We have collected points with our new Trimble unit. We have downloaded, converted and translated to Nad 83 PNEZD file using Trimble software.This coordinate system was chosen because the "HARN" coordinate system is not available in the conversion software for the Trimble. The work around was to import points to a drawing set to LA83-SF-MOD coordinates. The project I need these points in is setup in LAHP-SF which is HARN(HPGN) Louisiana State Planes, South Zone, US Foot. I should easily be able to Query this point drawing into my HARN drawing. No cigar.

Attached is my error message. Any ideas????

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: elaine3051

Map queries don't work on C3D objects.

Why don't you just bring them into the drawing directly from the point file? Create a point file format with the coordinate system of the point file and import them into the drawing with the desired coordinate system and it will do the conversion for you. Just make sure you toggle on "Do coordinate transformation if possible".

http://screencast.com/t/4ZaVCQE0Wq 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 7
elaine3051
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thats a great idea but it doesn't work. What we have done is create an Autocad drawing with the HARN coordinate system. We exported our points from the Trimble sotware as Shape files (*.shp). Shape files have projection files associated so we imported the shape files into our new HARN drawing as Autocad points. We then xrefed the new HARN drawing into the HARN base drawing. Bind it. Explode it. Points-Utilities-Convert Autocad points to Cogo Points. Lost my descriptors but way past caring.

Finally convinced the males here to call the Trimble consultant. Coordinate system NAD83(conus)cors 96 is within a few centimeters of HARN. So for now I think this is solved. If it isnt I will be back.

Message 4 of 7
elaine3051

And thanks for the heads up about query and C3D. Never thought about it.

Message 5 of 7
BrianHailey

It should have worked. Did you create the new point file format with the correct coordinate system? It will preserve your descriptions.

http://screencast.com/t/cn4OWuz4im0V

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 7
elaine3051
in reply to: BrianHailey

Made a new call to the Trimble rep. Discussed translation procedures. We were using Imperial Foot instead of Survey Foot. Now our imported point files match the shape file generated Autocad points. Think we got it. Thanks. I love our new toy.

Message 7 of 7
elaine3051

After printing out your attached file I have investigated what you posted. So now I think I get what you were trying to explain. This editing of the PNEZD should be attaching a projection description to the points I am importing and translating them to the HARN coordinate settings in the actual drawing??? Not working. Is it possible that there is a Command setting that is preventing the translation? Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report