AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Product Support
lim.wendy
Message 11 of 16 (388 Views)

Re: Tricky assembly

01-19-2012 07:18 PM in reply to: fuglsang1000

Hi fuglsang1000,

Have you tried using the “Create Subassembly from Polyline” under the corridor menu? I’ve converted the arch in your road section using the said command. Please watch the screencast in the following link for a better understanding. 

http://www.screencast.com/t/eZEhfTMT

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Regards,

Wendy Lim
Contributor
fuglsang1000
Message 12 of 16 (350 Views)

02-01-2012 07:29 AM in reply to: lim.wendy

Thanks a lot for that very nice answer - very nice with the video!

It works fine with the arc's now, but I think you misunderstood my drawing. I need the ditch to be at the bottom of the slope so the side of the ditch meets the terrain. I can’t get that to work proper.

I have attached a picture of how the section view looks like, and the yellow line is how it should be. The white arrow indicates the second problem. Its like my slope continues to long and therefore goes under the surface and then op and meet the terrain again. Why is that?

Edit: note that I have simplified the assembly on the picture, I have removed the sound barrier and one of the ditches.

Product Support
lim.wendy
Message 13 of 16 (324 Views)

02-01-2012 07:35 PM in reply to: fuglsang1000

Hi,

Have you tried changing the Overhang Correction to Top Links? For the extended slope, please add a boundary to your corridor. That should clean up the unwanted lines.

screenshot.png

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Wendy Lim
*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 14 of 16 (305 Views)

02-01-2012 11:41 PM in reply to: fuglsang1000

There's something strange going on with your assembly.  It almost looks like it is building both the cut and the fill ditches.  I cannot really tell what is happening just from the screenshot though.  Can you copy the assembly to an empty drawing and post that for us to look at?

Contributor
fuglsang1000
Message 15 of 16 (300 Views)

02-02-2012 01:11 AM in reply to: sboon

I have attached the assembly and a drawing of how the assembly is supposed to look like.

As I wrote before I have some problems with the ditches. They are supposed to be at the bottom of the daylight slopes, but for some reason they are placed at the top of the slopes.
Furthermore, I have some problems with the superelevation. In the curves I need the whole lane (the subassemlys: LaneSuperelevationAOR and the LaneOutsideSuperLayerVaryingWidth) to have 3.5% gradient towards the center of the curve, but its like “LaneOutsideSuperLayerVaryingWidth” don’t match the “LaneSuperelevationAOR” each other?

Sorry for the English, but I do my best.

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 16 of 16 (281 Views)

02-02-2012 09:15 AM in reply to: lim.wendy

It looks like most of the problems are caused by how your subassemblies are attached to each other.  What I found was that the subs which form the ditch at the toe of the fill slope are actually attached to the Conditional sub, with an offset.  This means that the ditch location is always a fixed distance from the shoulder and not connected to the toe of the fill slope.  The cut ditch appears to be correct. (see attached screenshots).

I had no problems with the superelevation - both of the lane slopes seem to work, but I found that the sidewalk sub has a similar problem - it's not connected to where it appears to be.

Send me a PM with your email address if you want a copy of the edited drawing back - it's too large to attach here.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs