AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
SurveyorLee
Message 11 of 14 (161 Views)

Re: Traverse Adjustment won't

12-30-2012 12:00 PM in reply to: RandyBenson

What kind of raw file data are you using?  It should convert all of the data to the fbk file, and incude your redundant data and side shots, or are you doing a manual entry?

Surveyor Lee

Valued Contributor
RandyBenson
Message 12 of 14 (144 Views)

12-31-2012 08:29 AM in reply to: SurveyorLee

We're using Survey Pro 5.2 on Spectra Precision Ranger data collectors; it's the latest iteration of TDS's Survey Pro.

The redundant data consists of (doubled) side-shots to the back sight from every occupied point. Shots must be recorded with unique point numbers, so to have the backsight shots included in the adjustment (I assume) we have to renumber them to correspond to the original point numbers of the back-sighted points.

Valued Contributor
RandyBenson
Message 13 of 14 (143 Views)

12-31-2012 08:31 AM in reply to: SurveyorLee

Of course the horizontal angle to the backsight is always zero, I only need the slope distance and zenith angle from each backsight shot.

Distinguished Contributor
SurveyorLee
Message 14 of 14 (129 Views)

12-31-2012 12:20 PM in reply to: SurveyorLee

Yes, I use the Survey Pro 5. x and 4.x, too.   Except I use StarNet to do the adjustment.  The software has a converter that takes the RAW file and converts it to a text file and perform the LSA.  It automaticlally finds the traverse stations too, and if you purchase the GPS add-on, you can put in GPS baseline solultion files too.  It was very easy to learn and gives a good report  and more flexibility for reduction.  For example, you can hold vertical on a control point without holding horizontal.  Not sure about how it will handle the new *.Survey files, as it doesnt' read them, but there is an option to split out the Raw and JOB file.  From what I am told, you have to have another license and subscription to read a survey file type.

Surveyor Lee.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs