Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparency on XREF, won't plot

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
belong2
2429 Views, 5 Replies

Transparency on XREF, won't plot

I'm not extremely familiar with CAD so please bear with me if my terminology is not correct.

The project I'm working on requires that another drawing be XREF'ed in and the transparency set to 50%. I've changed all XREF layers in layer manager to 50% and checked the Plot Transparency box in the plot dialog box. When the drawing actually plots (or in preview) however, the XREF has disappeared. Due to the nature of being a sub and working with another sub on this project I can't just change lineweights or colors, etc. I'm using the same plot style I've always used for this drawing (prior to the XREF needing to be added). Could that be the problem? If not, anyone else have any other solutions?

Thanks so much!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: belong2

Could it be as simple as the Xref is attached to a "No Plot" layer?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
belong2
in reply to: Jay_B

I wish, I've played around with that already.

Message 4 of 6
doni49
in reply to: Jay_B

The layers themselves could also be set to non-plot.

Otherwise, return everything back to 0 transparency and confirm that things show up.  If they don't show up then, it's not related to transparency.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: belong2

I would not guarantee this but I have used the XLIST command to get the REAL layer name.  Not sure about this particular instance.  

Also open up the Layer Properties Manager.  Click in the top of the Plot column, it will put items in alphabetical order.  You only have two choices, the no plot layers will either on the top or the bottom of the screen.  

Bill

Message 6 of 6
belong2
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks everyone, not sure what was going on but a good old-fashioned restart seems to have done the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report