Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate survey database

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Al_nl_civil
200 Views, 1 Reply

Translate survey database

I am seraching for an opprtunity to translate a survey database to several known points. The normal translate command don't work for me because there is only one destination point. What I want is that I can pick a point from the survey and than assume a destination point, and that process sevral times. The points from the survey has to be fit to the destination points.

It is the same as the autocad command "align" but then for more than three points.

For your understanding why I ask this: I have a survey which is not on coordinates but with some fixed points in it (buildings for example). And I have a map of the area which is not dimensionable stable. But when I can middle all deviations than it is good enough for the specific usage of these surveys.

Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mathewkol
in reply to: Al_nl_civil

Look for the rubbersheet command. This cannot be run on the survey database. There is no such tooil for the survey database. You'll need to run it on points in the dwg I'm unsure if the command will work on cogo_points. You may have to explode them to plain acad points.

You should be able to find rubbersheet help in the Map 3D help file.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report