Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate Survey Database

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sebastien.cherrier
320 Views, 5 Replies

Translate Survey Database

I souls live to know if it's possible to translate a survey data base with many points and have a residual listing of each points.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

It is possible to translate a database (and even rotate it), but I don't know of any way to get deltas on the points. If it's only translation it will be the same for each point (obviously).

Ian McClain
Message 3 of 6

I have some custumers who want's to do like a best fit with the points. I don't if i'm clear. Ex.: They have an arbitrary survey and they want to change to geodetic coordinates with many controls points. After they want a differencial listing on each correspondant point.
Message 4 of 6

There is a best fit arc or line under the lines and curves menu. This is good if you have something like a bunch of shots on railroad tracks and want best fit to the rail or an offset for the right of way. It will give you a residual from the resulting best fit line from each point that you include.

This doesn't sound like what you are trying to do, but maybe you will find it usefull. It sounds like they want to adjust to some legacy control system. A survey adjustment software like StarNet would be appropriate for that. All C3D can do for you is simple translation and rotation.

Ian McClain
Message 5 of 6

That's what I tought. Mauby in the next version we can do that.

Thank you for your ideas.
Message 6 of 6

My wish would be for it to be able to do a seven parameter transformation, with the ability to manually edit the parameters afterwards. Some other CAD packages that are used by surveyors can do this.

Caleb Baildon
Senior Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report