Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition between two corridors

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
johnwilson0805
951 Views, 9 Replies

Transition between two corridors

I'm designing a single 2% cross flow blke path. I wanted to reverse the cross flow so I created two

corridors, one flowing to the left and one flowing to the right along the same tangent centerline. I want to

add a 50 foot warp transition in between them. I'n not sure how to do that. I thought of the intersection

design but that won't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks John Wilson

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sboon
in reply to: johnwilson0805

Rather than try to transition between two corridors you could just create a single one that does the whole job.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 10
mathewkol

You'll need to use a subassembly that supports superelevation. Then I would create a superelevation view to make the required changes. Look it up in help if you don't know how that's done.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 10
sboon
in reply to: mathewkol

Or you could try this drawing instead....

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 10
johnwilson0805
in reply to: sboon

Thanks Steve

I'll look into that

JOhn

Message 6 of 10
johnwilson0805
in reply to: mathewkol

Hi Matt

I thougth of that. I'll check it out

Thanks John

Message 7 of 10
johnwilson0805

Thanks Steve for the drawing

I'll look at it and work with it. If I have further question I'll post it

Thanks again 

Message 8 of 10
johnwilson0805

Hii Steve

Thanks for the sample drawing "CORRIDOR-3A" . Thats perfect for what I need to do for

my bike path design. The Engineers want me to set manual stations and just flip flop the 2% cross slopes.

Heres my question:

In my drawing when I go to SUPERELVATION tab and then "CALCULATE/EDIT SUPERELEVATION", the program

calculates for me per ASSHTO 2001 elmax 4% around curves only. Then I create from

"CREATE SUPERELVELATION VIEW"  a view but it looks totally different from your sample drawing. (I'm

using 2012)

Would it be possible to give me a step by step instruction on how you arrived at the view that you showed?

The tutorials doesn't explain these steps

Thank you for your help so far

John Wilson

Message 9 of 10
sboon

Avoid the calculator and go straight into the Tabular editor.  Delete all of the super data and then start fresh, adding manual stations.  I recommend that you first set the defaults for the two ends of your alignment, then work inward to the section that you're going to be editing.

Clipboard01.png

The table isn't easy to follow at times, so I like to have a superelevation view to help visualize what is happening.

Clipboard02.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 10 of 10

Hi Stevw

Thats great. That makes it easy for me

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report