AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
rito
Message 1 of 6 (642 Views)
Accepted Solution

Transition between Assemblies

642 Views, 5 Replies
11-15-2012 12:01 PM

I've attached a screenshot of some "webbing" I have going on between regions in my corridor.  As you can see on the left, there's the start of a left turn pocket lane, which is why I have two different assemblies.  This is just one instance, but this is happening along my entire corridor.  I've given up on trying to resolve and have made gaps in my corridor.  But me being an engineer, gaps bother me and would rather figure out a solution.  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with point codes?  An answer would be greatly appreciated!  If no answer, I'll resign myself to being okay with the gaps.  Thank you in advance!

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 6 (597 Views)

Re: Transition between Assemblies

11-16-2012 08:33 AM in reply to: rito

This could definitely have to do with point codes. Civil 3D connects like point codes to one another, so if there's a P2, that shouldn't be connecting to another P2, change the point code to something else. If you hover over the feature lines, you will see what point code it's using.

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
*Expert Elite*
mikeevans
Message 3 of 6 (581 Views)

11-16-2012 01:31 PM in reply to: rito
Yes this is definatley the subassembly codes.

There is an option in the corridor props under feature lines section for branching inward/outward. Try changing this and see if it still happens.

This is why I tend to use the generic pavement assembly as you have more control and can change the codes to ensure they are different on all lanes so will not join up like this.

You may have to remake the assembly to correct this.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2013 / 2014 British UK
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Contributor
rito
Message 4 of 6 (572 Views)

11-16-2012 04:09 PM in reply to: rito

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been trying to research how to edit point codes.

The inward/outward choice didn't work.

I guess I will have to try the generic links. I don't mind redoing the assemblies.  If it means solving this problem, it will be worth it.

Thanks again!

Contributor
rito
Message 5 of 6 (531 Views)

11-19-2012 10:53 AM in reply to: rito

Changing everything to a generic assembly worked!

Thanks all!

Robyn

Active Contributor
JBR-1
Message 6 of 6 (106 Views)

05-05-2014 11:52 AM in reply to: rito

I am having a gap problem can take a look at my screen shot and see if **** the same problem you were having and would I resolve my with generic assemblys?

Thanks 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs