Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transforming AEC points via Map queries

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
161 Views, 0 Replies

Transforming AEC points via Map queries

From: "Mike Gauld" Subject: Re: Transforming AEC points via Map queries Date: Thursday, February 03, 2005 1:52 PM I've just installed and have been testing Civil 3D 2005 (includes Map 3D). I'm running into the same problem. If points exist in the attached drawing, the query will bomb (eFilerError - Message Code: 53). Without any points in the drawing, the error "can not transform object" (relating to point groups) appears but the linework is transformed. This is very frustrating. I've also tried importing the points and applying the transformation at that time with no success. The points come in at their original coordinates with no error message. "Neil W" wrote in message news:42027163$1_3@newsprd01... >I am frequently needing to transform AEC points from drawings in different > coordinate systems. If the point settings in the source drawing containing > the AEC points are set to prevent points from being moved, they will not > transform to the project projection when queried. The workaround has been > to > open the source drawing and either change the point settings to allow them > to be moved, or to insert the points as softdesk blocks which will > transform > when queried. Needless to say, this approach is not efficient nor > desirable > since it requires editing and saving the source drawings. > > I would like to know if anyone has found a more efficient way to get > around > this problem. > > >
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report