AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
bingeomatics
Message 1 of 7 (1,843 Views)

Transfer from total stations

1843 Views, 6 Replies
09-02-2012 11:16 PM

Hi, everyone!

How can I transfer (download) measured data from total stations 'Trimble' and "Leica" to AutoCAd Civil 3D 2013? Must I find a module from the sites of these manufacturers? Or how can I change from  total stations formats to the Feald Book format? Thanks all who can hel me!

Binnat Khalilov
Distinguished Mentor
andrewpuller3811
Message 2 of 7 (1,829 Views)

Re: Transfer from total stations

09-03-2012 05:17 AM in reply to: bingeomatics

Try the Home tab -> Create Ground Data panel drop down -> Survey Data Collection Link.

If this fixed your issue, click on "Accept as Solution"

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 2600 @ 3.40 GHz with 16GB Ram
Civil 3d 2013 64bit
bingeomatics
Message 3 of 7 (1,806 Views)

09-03-2012 10:36 AM in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Thank you, Andrew Puller! But among geodesic insturments in the list I couldn't find new instruments. Can I update this list with anyway?

Binnat Khalilov
clambrecht
Message 4 of 7 (1,801 Views)

09-03-2012 11:20 AM in reply to: bingeomatics

Hi,

most surveyors now import their point files (Name, Easting, Northing, Elevation, Description) in a *.csv format ommitting the *.fbk format.  The first has more options for creating linework in the field, but won't let you adjust your field data in C3d.

Chr.

Valued Contributor
MATRIX3DSURVEYS
Message 5 of 7 (1,794 Views)

09-03-2012 12:56 PM in reply to: bingeomatics

Use the equipment manufactures software to down load and process the data. Export in  PXYZD.csv format then import in to C3D. 

The manufactures software allows all the capabilities of the instrument to be used. Mixed GPS and TPS measurements, Free Station, 2 point  Resections, Multi point Resections, Reciprocal Leveling,   Smart Station setups, Solar Leepfrog.  We use GPS in the open and then do a Smart Station setup to get coordinates in to the Total Station so we can continue surveying under the trees or in deep canyons. When you come out in the open again tie to GPS coordinate and continue.

I use Leica Geo Office, Bear Creek, TDS for processing  and Move3 for QC and Adjustments on surveys; from up to 20 crews using a number of different instruments and survey methods required for large scale 3D seismic grid surveys.

First all crews must be using the same  Codeing and Description Key Set and this must be setup to match the drawing template. (Good job for a rainy day it take a long time to get all the Code formats to match so they will work.) But it worth it. 

Jim

Surveyor / Programmer

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 6 of 7 (1,788 Views)

09-03-2012 01:38 PM in reply to: bingeomatics

Note that with csv format and the suggestions so far works good for land points, name, X,Y,Z and a description. Now if you are doing your electrical towers and need to include other information that you gather while out there then it might be easier to export to Shp format from the Trimble software. Example if you need size, construction type, year build, height, number of lines etc.  Then import or data connect to the shp files.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
bingeomatics
Message 7 of 7 (1,765 Views)

09-03-2012 09:21 PM in reply to: Murph

Thank you everyone!

Binnat Khalilov

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs