Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolspace

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sheriff12
3960 Views, 4 Replies

Toolspace

I have started AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D 2014 for the first time. I was able to find the "intro-1.dwg" without much difficulty, but I can't find the "Toolspace". I entered "ShowTS" on the command line, but it keeps saying it is an unknown command. Should I be set to "Drafting & Annotation" at the top of the window? I also entered
"TOOLSPACE" in the command line hoping that would do something, but it says that is also an unknow command. Does anyone else find the tutorials for this program as confusing as I do? If someone would please get me started in the right direction to do these tutorials it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: sheriff12

Click on the gear wheel icon on lower right of screen and set the civil 3d workspace current.
Select the hammer icon on upper left of home tab and toolspace should appear.
You currently have the AutoCad workspace loaded and possibly launched using the civil 3d as AutoCad icon.e
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
sheriff12

I clicked the gear wheel at the lower right of the screen. The options for workspace settings are, "Drafting & Annotation", "3D Basics", "3D Modeling", and "AutoCAD classic". There is no "Civil 3D" setting. I tried each setting that is available, but in none of these settings can I find a "hammer icon" on the upper left of the home tab. I am now more confused than before.

Message 4 of 5
sheriff12
in reply to: Jay_B

I'm sorry! I had the wrong program open all along. I feel like a real dope. Thanks for your help! Apparently I had the AutoCAD program open instead of expanding the program list and choosing Civil 3D which I just discovered. Thanks Again!

Message 5 of 5
jmeza

Thanks for the information, apparently everything from my desktop menu to my windows menu was targetting the acad.exe in the AUTOCAD program files folder, instead of the CIVIL 3D folder.  All is well!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report