Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolspace Survey tab - Linework Code Set Corrupt

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rafaelaustin
335 Views, 2 Replies

Toolspace Survey tab - Linework Code Set Corrupt

One of my users is getting an error, "The specified linework code set cannot be opened. The file may be corrupt."  But the files work fine on my computer.

We're using Civil 3D 2012 on Win7. I have a Dell Optiplex 990 and he's on a Dell Precision M6800 laptop.

We recently created a template file for the survey department, so we are still working through some of the set up bugs and I can't tell if this is one of them or a different issue. He created all the Survey User code sets on his laptop and I copied them to our network Standards folder (I am C3D Admin).

Could this be related to read-write access to that folder?  This is the first time I've set up the Survey tab on Toolspace, so I'm not sure how to debug this.

Thanks!

Rafael Rodriguez

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbaildon001
in reply to: rafaelaustin

We use ours from a read only access folder and works fine.

Try making a new one and see if that works from that location, it only take a couple of minutes to do. Or try the current file from their C drive. Find out if its the file or location or something else causing the problem. Let us know what happens.

Cheers

Caleb Baildon
Senior Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows10
Message 3 of 3
rafaelaustin
in reply to: rafaelaustin

Later that day the error message quit appearing. I'm not sure what caused the problem or why it cleared up. He had rebooted a couple of times and we tried various other things, including resaving the files.  It hasn't reoccured in a week.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report