Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolspace Item View not working properly

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
tjhootman
3914 Views, 16 Replies

Toolspace Item View not working properly

I'm having trouble viewing a list within Toolspace Item View. When I click the item in the tree nothing shows up in the item view. There should be a list of all my parcels but there is not. Graphical view works fine. List view works fine with other items in my tree except for my parcels. Also, when i right click parcels and click refresh I can see the list genereate in item view but then it quickly disappears. Any ideas what is going on?

itemview.png

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
wfberry
in reply to: tjhootman

Try changing the Top Row "Active Drawing Name" to Master View.

Bill

Message 3 of 17
wfberry
in reply to: wfberry

Errr Active Drawing VIEW

Billl

Message 4 of 17
tjhootman
in reply to: wfberry

I've tried both. Nothing has worked. It's very odd. Everything displays fine in item view except for my parcels list. When I click individual parcels in the tree the graphical view displays properly. When I click other items such as points or surfaces they display as a list. I know the information is there because I can see it for a brief second when I click refresh parcels. It just disappears and I can't get it to display again. I've even reinistalled the software and gotten the same result. I'm trying to edit the parcel styles of mutiple parcels. Is there any other way to view a list of all my parcels and edit them in bulk other than in toolspace?

Message 5 of 17
Jeff_M

What version of C3D and which Service packs have been applied?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 17
Jeff_M

@tjhootman wrote:
Is there any other way to view a list of all my parcels and edit them in bulk other than in toolspace?

One way is to select one of the parcels in the drawing that you want to change the style of, right-click and choose Select Similar. This should select all of the parcels using that style. If you need to remove some, do so be normel slection removal, then use the Properties Manager to change the style.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 17
tjhootman
in reply to: Jeff_M

I am using Civil 3D 2013. No service packs have been applied. Thanks Jeff. I will use the 'select similar' as a workaround but I'm still curious as to why it's not displaying properly in item view.

Message 8 of 17
rkmcswain

Got the same problem here.

Did anyone ever find a fix?

EDIT:

http://www.cadpilot.com/blogs/Jump_On_C3D/get-the-jump-on-civil-3d/2012/06/20/2013-parcels-out-of-so...

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 17
rkmcswain

Ok, that was pretty easy to fix.

Open REGEDIT

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-Bxxx:xxx\Profiles\<<your_profile_name>>\Dialogs\AxUiMgrItem

Then look in the right pane for a AeccMgrParcel:List:AeccMgrPltProspector:Prospector

Click on it, press F2 to enter rename mode, give it a new name like "X"

Go back to C3D, and try again.

C3D will recreate the binary data with the correct values.

Close REGEDIT.

Do not try to sort again!

Message 10 of 17
mathewkol
in reply to: rkmcswain

This fix is great, but still a bit of a pain.  i have created a LISP routine you can run that fixes this.  See attached.

This command is FIX.

When the bug happens, run this command, click to somewhere else in the prospector then click on Parcels again and you should see the populated list.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 11 of 17
kclark138

I change the registry. It worked until I try to sort the column then it goes blank. This is a bug!

Message 12 of 17
rkmcswain
in reply to: kclark138

@KCLARK138 wrote:

I change the registry. It worked until I try to sort the column then it goes blank. This is a bug!

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that it's a bug. The "fix" simply fixes the display problem......until you try and sort again, hence the last line in my earlier reply 

Message 13 of 17
andram-teco
in reply to: mathewkol

I was having the same troubles, and "Fix" worked. I don't even mind having to reload the lisp when I accidentally hit the "sort" button, because it's better than not having the list.

Thank you!

Message 14 of 17
jpierce8
in reply to: rkmcswain

Had the same problem!  Cut and pasted the reg values for the imperial to the metric reg values and it seems to work.

(Imperial)

AeccMgrParcel:List:AeccMgrPltProspector:Prospector
3;-1;9;1;0;0;1;0;0,100,1;1,60,1;2,100,1;3,90,1;4,70,1;5,100,1;6,100,1;7,100,1;8,100,1;

Message 15 of 17
jpierce8
in reply to: mathewkol

FIX works to view the parcels, but still does not resolve the column sort issue which causes them to disappear again and again and again?

@mathewkol wrote:

This fix is great, but still a bit of a pain.  i have created a LISP routine you can run that fixes this.  See attached.

This command is FIX.

When the bug happens, run this command, click to somewhere else in the prospector then click on Parcels again and you should see the populated list.

Message 16 of 17
mathewkol

I know, the procedure is:
Sort
Run the FIX routine
Every time you sort
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 17 of 17
a1986u

I think there is no problem. 

To view graphical item previews, you first click the Item Preview button on the Prospector tab. Then right-click the object or object collection and select Show Preview. Then click on the object name in the Prospector tree.

It should be work like this

Adsız.png1.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report