Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palette Locations - Civil 3D 2012 and Windows XP, 32-bit

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jporter
2404 Views, 8 Replies

Tool Palette Locations - Civil 3D 2012 and Windows XP, 32-bit

I've got a friend who has just installed Civil 3D 2012 on his Windows XP, 32-bit system and he does not see any assemblies in his tool palettes.  I'm trying to compare the Tool Palette File Location in the OPTIONS dialog box with that on my install, but I've got Windows 7. 

1. Does anyone know what might be causing the tool palettes to be empty?

2. Can you send me the Tool Palette File Location path for Civil 3D 2012 on a Windows XP, 32 it system?

Thanks much,

Jason

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jporter

Hi,

are you sure that your friend hasn't started Civil "as AutoCAD"? And if so, your friend should also try to login with another Windows user-account, then start Civil3D and look if there the tool palettes having the content.

And you can also right-click on the title-bar of your tool palettes, then "customize" and there you have the option to export them, these could then be imported at the workstation of your friend.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
jporter
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,

I'm positive he hasn't started Civil 3D as AutoCAD.  He's able to create other Civil 3D objects (alignments, profiles, feature lines, grading, etc.).  It's just his tool pallettes that are empty.  He's sees the tabs for the topics (lanes, shoulders, curbs, etc.), but they're all empty. 

They weren't imported either.  It's a brand new install and during the install no one migrated any settings. 

Thanks for your input.  I'll keep looking.

Jason

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

has he tried to login with another user-account? ... or have you exported the toolpalettes and sent him for import?

Otherwise a repair-install may help, but I would try the above suggestions first.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 9
jporter
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Ah, good idea.  I'll try both.  Thanks.

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 6 of 9
bendavisasce

I am having the same issue - What resolved it for you ?

Message 7 of 9
jporter

I'm sorry. I should have posted earlier. It was a corrupt user profile. Once logged in as someone else the issue was gone. The IT department deleted his profile and built him a new one. Issue was gone.

Hope this helps!

Jason
Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 8 of 9
Brian_R

i just picked up a new computer & version of 2012 Civil 3D to start subcontracting on my own, & don't have an IT department to back me up.  i want to do some simple grading work, but can't find any of the grading palettes i used to use [& no longer have access to an old system & its atc or xtc files].

Can someone please help me get these up on my new system?

Thanks!!

-Brian

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 9
Brian_R
in reply to: Brian_R

... i also seem to be missing grading tools & default surface styles....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report