Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palette - Blocks won't insert

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
coloeng
10962 Views, 4 Replies

Tool Palette - Blocks won't insert

I am working with a client who has a standard tool pallete with blocks. I already have imported/customized the tool palletes as per their manual. The blocks show up in the tool paleltte, but when i drag to insert them. It can't locate the symbols file and gives me this error : Source drawing "H:\MASTER-SYMBOLS.dwg for block "X" not found.

I have the master symbols drawing as indicated and pathed the location through options\files\tool palletes file locations

so not sure what im doing wrong or if it needs to be pathed somewhere else.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: coloeng

The original drawing that the block tools were created in has been moved or it's name has been changed. The options path for toolpalettes tells AutoCAD where to find the tool palettes, not the files that the tool palettes reference. Right click on the block in the TP and select Properties. This will tell you where the tool is looking to find the block. Either change the tool to look at the new location or move the original drawing back to that location.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
coloeng
in reply to: BrianHailey

That worked! but i have about 200 blocks. is there a way to change that setting globally?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
coloeng

ok. i think i figured it out. just highlight all the blocks in the pallete and click properties.

thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 5
dikesh

when i select all the block and browse the source file, it won't allow me to select the folder and all the blocks are not in one dwg file. Pls help.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report