Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titleblock Attribute Definitions (Fields) won't move to new location

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dgc74
732 Views, 9 Replies

Titleblock Attribute Definitions (Fields) won't move to new location

I have created a new layout from Templates that are the C3D standard templates.  I get the below messages in my command bar and subsequently my template does not have any of the blocks, north arrow...nothing.  Just a blank sheet.  Why?  See below messages that I copies from the command bar....

Command:   <Layout from Template>
Duplicate definition of block _ClosedBlank  ignored.
Duplicate definition of block AeccTickLine  ignored.
Duplicate definition of block AeccTickCircle  ignored.
Duplicate definition of block North  ignored.
Duplicate definition of block Graphic Scale - Imperial  ignored.
Duplicate definition of block ANSI D Title Block  ignored.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
troma
in reply to: dgc74

Not following exactly; when do you get the message?  Is it when you insert the layout "From Template" into a drawing you're working in?

I would look into those blocks.  Is there a duplicate definition?  Are those blocks definined in the drawing before you insert the layout?  If so, are they the same definition as the ones in use in the template drawing?  If they are significantly different that may be the casue.  We have some blocks that are 1000 times bigger than ones that other consultants use with the same names.  If ours get redefined to theirs, they seem to disappear becasue they are so small.

Here's a possible fix.  Open the template and your drawing.  Use the design center to redefine the blocks in your drawing (right click on the block in design centre and choose 'redefine'.  (Or if you are happy with them the way you have them, do this in reverse.  Then pay attention to see if they 'disappear' when you redefine them in the template.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 10
dgc74
in reply to: troma

Yes...when in the current drawing in plan space, I create a new layout "from Template" by right clicking on the Quickview option in the lower right corner.

I do not have any other blocks created...I only use the ones that are part of C3D with the install.

Message 4 of 10
troma

Did you try my suggestion?
You should probably make a new drawing from template and try it in there.

Mark Green

Message 5 of 10
troma

I'm a little confused by the thread title. Are these blocks with attributes like a company border? But you said they are all default blocks. Can you elaborate?

Mark Green

Message 6 of 10
dgc74

I couldn't find the redesign menu option so did opt for trying a drawing from scratch and it is working fine now.  How bizzare....so I am up and running okay now.  Thank You.

Message 7 of 10
dgc74

Not too sure where the subject line can from because that was not what I typed...I guess my computer is working against me...subject should have read Titleblock attribute definitions ignored...anyway thank you for you help.

Message 8 of 10
troma

No prob, glad it's working.
Weird stuff happens!

Mark Green

Message 9 of 10
dgc74

I'm embarrassed to admit this...but if it helps someone else in the future....the whole problem was that I had layer 0 frozen and apparently the block in the template was on that layer.  So Embarrassed to have to admit that.

Message 10 of 10
troma

Glad you're honest!

Reminds me of the time I called a coworker over to see why I couldn't select something in a window in my drawing.  Turned out I was in a viewport modelspace, and the object was in paperspace.  Smiley Embarassed

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report