Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for new subgroups?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
150 Views, 9 Replies

Time for new subgroups?

Seems like a good time to add: autodesk.civil3d.customization autodesk.civil3d.wishes Terry
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Terry; Good thinking. I'll make a second to that motion. Any others care to vote, or do I hear a call for discussion of the matter? -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Terry W. Dotson" wrote in message news:418d10ac_3@newsprd01... > Seems like a good time to add: > > autodesk.civil3d.customization > autodesk.civil3d.wishes > > Terry
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

The trend in the discussion groups is for LESS groups, combined, not more. If you wish to put in suggestions, please do so to the URL for discussion group matters at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=3710077. Please do not "vote" here, but put in a suggestion to the URL. --- Anne Brown Discussion Groups Administrator Autodesk, Inc. Don Reichle wrote: > > Hey Terry; > > Good thinking. I'll make a second to that motion. > > Any others care to vote, or do I hear a call for discussion of the matter?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

so... if I were to need some customization help with civil3d its best to come here first (if its is fairly C3D-specific) ? "Anne Brown" wrote in message news:418D79A1.DE8B01E5@autodesk.com... > The trend in the discussion groups is for LESS groups, combined, > not more.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

No, just use the land-desktop.customization newsgroup, but callout that you are working with Civil 3D. Perhaps we should just rename that newsgroup. Peter Funk API Product Manager Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Why? We have an Acad Customization Group, and a Land customization, why not a C3D one? I realize there's a proponderence of groups, but they're all for completely distinct products. Thanks to the ineptness of the product naming team Civil3D (C3D) and Civil Design (CD) are already confused by half the people posting here. Please don't further confuse the issue by putting C3D in with LDT in customization groups, it'll just frustrate the hell out of most of us. C3D needs its own tree of groups: customization, wishlist, and main, and maybe a content one for people that will share things like styles and assemblies. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Hey Doctor Wedding; I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the company mantra has become "Less, not More" at least for NGs. Both Anne and Peter basically said the same thing if you'll notice. I'm with you, though. The more options the better. Some of us think that the tree should have few branches; some of us think that the tree should have many branches. I think the tree trimming service in charge of the NGs has decided that it needs few. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "James Wedding" wrote in message news:4190d82c_1@newsprd01... > Why? We have an Acad Customization Group, and a Land customization, why > not a C3D one? I realize there's a proponderence of groups, but they're > all for completely distinct products. > > Thanks to the ineptness of the product naming team Civil3D (C3D) and Civil > Design (CD) are already confused by half the people posting here. Please > don't further confuse the issue by putting C3D in with LDT in > customization groups, it'll just frustrate the hell out of most of us. > > C3D needs its own tree of groups: customization, wishlist, and main, and > maybe a content one for people that will share things like styles and > assemblies. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D > http://au.autodesk.com > Sign up now for AU2004! >
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I've noticed Don, but I don't like it. Since I have a valid reason for replying and arguing against this policy, I'm going to post. If I was just posting to see my name, I'd probably shut the hell up. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

So Doctor, did you do as Anne suggested? I just did, and while I know from past experience not to expect the Overnight Solution, at least I can play by the rules, and maybe something good will come of it. As Anne said, they don't want us voting here. So maybe we stuff the ballot box where she indicated? :-) -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "James Wedding" wrote in message news:4190e30a$1_1@newsprd01... > I've noticed Don, but I don't like it. Since I have a valid reason for > replying and arguing against this policy, I'm going to post. > > If I was just posting to see my name, I'd probably shut the hell up. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D > http://au.autodesk.com > Sign up now for AU2004! >
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I also copied this message group and sent it up the ladder to be reviewed. Best place to post is still the discussion group feedback site. anne James Wedding wrote: > > I've noticed Don, but I don't like it. Since I have a valid reason for > replying and arguing against this policy, I'm going to post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report