Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is a problem with the Script Control (msscript.ocx).

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
aluko0719
11395 Views, 4 Replies

There is a problem with the Script Control (msscript.ocx).

i'm using civil 3d 2013 and when i try to make pipes i get the following error message "This problem may be corrected by reinstalling Internet Explorer or by reregistering the control.There is a problem with the Script Control (msscript.ocx)." this error only happens with pipes i can make structures, i can also make pipes with a pressure network. i have tried uninstalling internet explorer and unistallling civil 3d, but that did not work. i have also tried

• Install the script control: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184739    
  • The version of Internet Explorer (IE) 7, IE8, and IE9 may be preventing it from operating, you could try to uninstall it and reinstall it.
  • Try these steps:

1. Go to Start All Programs Accessories.

2. Right-click Command Prompt and choose "Run as administrator."

3. Enter the command:

Regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msscript.ocx

You can copy and paste this by right-clicking in the command prompt window to do the paste.

4. Click OK on the message that says the file registration succeeded.

5. On the keyboard, hold down the WINDOWS key and then hit R.

6. In the Run window, type REGEDIT and then click OK.

7. Find the following folder:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\(0E59F1D2-1FBE-11D0-8FF2-00A0D10038BC)\1.0\0\win32

8. Right-click the win32 folder and choose "Permissions."

9. Make sure the administrator group has full control.

10. With the win32 folder selected, make sure the (Default) key at the right is set to the following path with no quotes around it: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msscript.ocx

11. Close the Registry Editor.

but that did not work. can somebody give me some other ideas

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: aluko0719

I know this thread is a little stale, but I had this error today and found a solution buried in another post.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-MEP/msscript-ocx-AutoCAD-MEP-2012/td-p/3574092

Search for the entry at 04-08-2011 01:46 PM in reply to:jdaulton, by Joshua Benoist of Autodesk.Extract those files as he says, and be sure to import the .txt file into your registry.

I had tried all the things on the list posted by the OP of this thread. I finally read down far enough in the other post to see Joshua's good news. I was about to pull out my last three hairs.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for posting that Tim. I just had this issue come up and your post help me solve the issue.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 5
jamir
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

The company owners are super old school so they were using LDD, but LDD and Civil 3d don't get along very well. The previous IT guy had the shared files for civil3D located at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared". I had to follow all of the mentioned steps and additionally manually edit the txt file to read "C:\Program Files" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)"

Message 5 of 5
j.gillen
in reply to: tcorey

@tcorey Thank you for this solution on this issue. Nearly 10 years later after your original post I found your solution to a problem that I could not fix but with the info you provided, I now have a working AutoCAD MEP 2023. 

The issue for me came about when my installation of AutoCAD MEP kept freezing on me. I used the tool to reset the install to default settings and then it became unusable because every time I tried to draw a pipe, I got a message saying 'There is a problem with the Script Control (msscript. ocx).This problem may be corrected by reinstalling Internet Explorer or by reregistering the control'. On trying several other solutions over a couple of days, I was ready to do a new install of window as all the other solutions also involved editing the registry but didn't work.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report