Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for the great Placeware today!

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
237 Views, 16 Replies

Thanks for the great Placeware today!

That was a great session! Looks like a definite plus for the next couple of months as we delve more into our pilot projects! -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Since I (and probably others) were unable to 'attend', can you give us a synopsis of the session, or is there a URL where I can view this? Rick "James Wedding" wrote in message news:400860cc$1_3@statler... > That was a great session! Looks like a definite plus for the next couple of > months as we delve more into our pilot projects! > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

Hi Rick, The whole session will be published at www.autodesk.com/civil3D You will find that further sessions are planned at the same time for the next several weeks. (4am Saturday in Melbourne) -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Rick Graham" wrote in message news:4008781e$1_1@statler... > Since I (and probably others) were unable to 'attend', can you give us a > synopsis of the session, or is there a URL where I can view this? > > Rick > "James Wedding" wrote in message > news:400860cc$1_3@statler... > > That was a great session! Looks like a definite plus for the next couple > of > > months as we delve more into our pilot projects! > > > > -- > > James Wedding, P.E. > > IT Manager > > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > > Dallas, TX > > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > > LDT2004+C3D > > > > > >
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

You can view & hear it on-line at: http://www.placeware.com/cc/autodesklearning/A?id=Civil%203D%20-%20SP1&pw=899666 I would hope that something can be done about the sound. It sounds like they were discussing this in a concrete vault! Bill Berry "Rick Graham" wrote in message news:4008781e$1_1@statler... | Since I (and probably others) were unable to 'attend', can you give us a | synopsis of the session, or is there a URL where I can view this? | |
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

Thanks Laurie (and others), It was pretty informative and nice to place voices with pixels on the screen! ;) Rick "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:4009c9b9_2@newsprd01... > Hi Rick, > > The whole session will be published at www.autodesk.com/civil3D > > You will find that further sessions are planned at the same time for the > next several weeks. (4am Saturday in Melbourne)
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

Yeah, well, that's a pretty fair description of Dave Simeone's office. J/K That's the fun of it though. You're talking with people in their working offices, on their speakerphones, not the marketing guys spouting forth from a soundproof booth. You could hear the lunch crowd wander past Dave a few times and he had to yell at them to shut up. See (hear) you this week! -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

I agree! Thanks to Dave, Dan , Anthony and everyone else over there! -- Mark Scacco "James Wedding" wrote in message news:400860cc$1_3@statler... > That was a great session! Looks like a definite plus for the next couple of > months as we delve more into our pilot projects! > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

Yes, Kudos! Tyler "Mark Scacco" wrote in message news:400bfbba_2@newsprd01... > I agree! Thanks to Dave, Dan , Anthony and everyone else over there! >
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

Thanks! We're real excited about these sessions as well. We've got some good sessions planned and there's been some interesting suggestions that folks have sent me. Let us know the best ways that we can make use of this hour! Couple of hot items: 1. SP1 is now available for download from the support site! Download it! Apply it! 2. The recording is now available from the Civil 3D site. Go to the Demonstrations page and then into Civil 3D Placeware Events. Finally - please let me know if you're interested in presenting a case study on how your company has started using Civil 3D Thanks again Dave S "James Wedding" wrote in message news:400860cc$1_3@statler... > That was a great session! Looks like a definite plus for the next couple of > months as we delve more into our pilot projects! > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

Ok, I'll admit it. I've had C3D loaded for a while but just couldn't find the time to play with it. So now I'm MAKING time to play with it. I'm religiously following the tutorials and I have a question/request. I'm at the Point Groups tutorial where I'm creating keys. Is there a way to undock this instead of having it sucked up under the toolspace? I personally prefer to have the Toolspace docked full length at the left side of my screen and keeping it just wide enough to see the information that I need to. In order to effectively work with the Desc Keys, I have to expand that menu which takes away from my screen. If there is not a way, I make a request to consider to allow it to be undocked as a free window. Hope I'm making sense. Thanks, Rick C3D SP1
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

Rick, Unfortunately no. I agree completely, check out what happens when you undock the Toolspace. I suggested that you should be able to tear that sucker off and place it anywhere like the Panorama window. I also suggested that it have some kind of view persistence as to how you prefer to view the contents depending on what it displays. Speak up now if that is something you'd like to see in the product. Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

Just as an aside...we're taking the approach that a dual monitor system will be the only way to eeffectively use C3D. There's just too much information in Panorama and Prospector to be locked into a little 320 pixel column on the side. Two 18" LCDs can be had for the price of a VERY good 20", so if you're spending 1K on displays anyway, you might as well get two slightly smaller ones. Throwing it out there for consideration.... -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

The recording loses the video when you went away and put the session on hold (from the Floating Curve demo forward). I see only a background photo of a sunset. Anyway to get that back? Fred
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

Now all we gotta do is worry about desk space and specifying dual-monitor cards on all the new equipment . Mark Evinger "James Wedding" wrote in message news:400e94c4_1@newsprd01... > Just as an aside...we're taking the approach that a dual monitor system will > be the only way to eeffectively use C3D. There's just too much information > in Panorama and Prospector to be locked into a little 320 pixel column on > the side. Two 18" LCDs can be had for the price of a VERY good 20", so if > you're spending 1K on displays anyway, you might as well get two slightly > smaller ones. Throwing it out there for consideration.... > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

Nope, you're gonna run dual LCDs. Color accuracy isn't that big a deal for most caddies. We were spending 900 on nice 22" CRTs, and now spend about 900 on two 18" LCDs. It's a wash. I can take a pic if you like of our test guys setup. It makes me jealous (I'm still running one biggie....) Now, the vid card is an issue, but since most mid-to-high level graphics cards have two digital heads anyway, that shouldn't be an issue, right? What, your company doesn't buy high end graphics cards? Want to come work for us? We're hiring... -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

Revit and Autocad user, but implementing Civil Series for our civil engineer, and I can say that I fully agree with the idea that (2) 18" are better than (1) 20" any day. I use revit or autocad on one screen and browser, windows explorer, excel, structural engineering programs on the other. Great way to work without having to alt-tab all day long! Greg Cashen Project Manager DCC Engineering Co. Walnut Grove, CA XP/1 on dual P4-2.4/2048 ACAD2004+Revit6+CivilSeries2004 (thanks james, for the sig!) "James Wedding" wrote in message news:400e94c4_1@newsprd01... > Just as an aside...we're taking the approach that a dual monitor system will > be the only way to eeffectively use C3D. There's just too much information > in Panorama and Prospector to be locked into a little 320 pixel column on > the side. Two 18" LCDs can be had for the price of a VERY good 20", so if > you're spending 1K on displays anyway, you might as well get two slightly > smaller ones. Throwing it out there for consideration.... > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

Actually, you can get GREAT refurbished Dells with amazing specs for a very decent price with dual head graphics cards standard...the 18" flat panels are so small, they take up less space than a single 20" crt. Of course, I read the slight sarcasm in your response, indicating some skepticism over the whole dual monitor solution (or rather, the suggestion that it is necessary), but I can assure you that duals offer much greater productivity benefits than a single monitor 2-3" bigger. Just my $0.02 Greg Cashen Project Manager DCC Engineering Co. "Mark Evinger" wrote in message news:401030f3$1_1@newsprd01... > Now all we gotta do is worry about desk space and specifying dual-monitor > cards on all the new equipment . > > Mark Evinger > > "James Wedding" wrote in message > news:400e94c4_1@newsprd01... > > Just as an aside...we're taking the approach that a dual monitor system > will > > be the only way to eeffectively use C3D. There's just too much information > > in Panorama and Prospector to be locked into a little 320 pixel column on > > the side. Two 18" LCDs can be had for the price of a VERY good 20", so if > > you're spending 1K on displays anyway, you might as well get two slightly > > smaller ones. Throwing it out there for consideration.... > > > > -- > > James Wedding, P.E. > > IT Manager > > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > > Dallas, TX > > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > > LDT2004+C3D > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report