Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text will not scale to viewport.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
randyowens3203
5406 Views, 8 Replies

Text will not scale to viewport.

I have a drawing that is 50 scale. However my sections are all 10 scale.  When I set my viewport to 10 scale, all my text is tiny. I can go into the style of the section view and change the size, but then it's too large in model space. Nothing I've tried will change the size of my text in paperspace.

Randy A. Owens
Southland Engineering, Inc.
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tboehler
in reply to: randyowens3203

A quick check for you.  Make sure your plotting units are correct for your layout (inches or mm).  We have had this problem several times.  They seem to go back to inches when we need mm.

Message 3 of 9
mathewkol

AND your plot scale MUST be 1=1.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 9
randyowens3203
in reply to: mathewkol

I checked, and I'm plotting in inches, and plot scale is 1 to 1.

Randy A. Owens
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
Message 5 of 9
tboehler

do other C3D entites scale correctly?  maybe place a "note" in model space and see if it gets scaled correctly.

Message 6 of 9
JOVO85

Are you setting your annotative scale to 1:10 when you set you VP scale to ten?

I have to admint, I still feel like I'm I getting lucky when my annotative objects in my viewports come out exactly the way I want them. Yesterday I was having trouble getting data band labels on a profile to show up/plot correctly and I had to set the annotative scale from both within the viewport and in the model space tab. I'm sure someone can correct my method, but it worked for me.

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

Message 7 of 9
tcorey

Have you thought of creating the sections in a separate drawing that you set up at 10 scale?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 8 of 9

C3D labels are set to plot a specific height. If you set them to be 0.1", then when your viewport scale is 1"=10', they will be 1' in the model. If you switch back to your model tab and it's scale is 1"=50', then they will be 5' in the model.

Are you seeing something other than this? It sounds like you want your text to be the same height in the viewport and the model but you want them to be different scales - that's not going to happen. When working on your sections in model, just set your model scale to 1"=10'. When you are done, set it back to 1"=50'.

Of course, I may have misunderstood the problem and if I did, I apologize in advance.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 9 of 9

My drawing is set up for 50 scale, and in model space my text is 5', as it should be. The style is set for 0.1". However in paper space, my viewport scale and anno scale are both set to 10 scale, and my text is only 0.1' instead of 1'.  Is this normal? For my purpose, the text size in paperspace should be no smaller than .15', but nothing I do will make the text larger in the viewport, it just gets larger in model space.

Randy A. Owens
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report