Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text scaling by a factor in Model Space ONLY

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
thjnfamily
366 Views, 4 Replies

Text scaling by a factor in Model Space ONLY

For some reason when I edit text and dimensions in model space the text will go huge and my text is non-annotative. If i change it in properties box it does not muliple it or if I am editing text though a viewport it will not multiply.  Example - if I have style set to 4 (height) and I create mtext.  Then I decide that I want text to be 5 so I double click on mtext and highlight the text and change to 5 and the text will instantly be 200 not 5, but if I change in properties box it will stay at 5 or if I am in a viewport and change the text by double clicking and highlihgting and then changing it to 5 it stays at 5.  My issue is for whatever reason only in model space is the text being multipled by a factor and I cannot figure out why this is happening.  VERY FRUSTRATING mostly with dimension text. 

Please help me if anyone knows what is going on.  My Computer is the only one doing this everyone else is able to edit there text normally.

Thanks

Civil Tech for over 12 years and never had this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: thjnfamily

I believe that there is annotative as well as non-annotative dimension text.  One way to watch this is to set you model space the same scale as your paper (layout) space.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
MikeEvansUK

I think bill is right here but check the textsize value. Also check the mtextfixed (look in help for other variables controlling the position, rotation and size of text when editing) this can change according to the wusiwyg setting.

Personally I turn it all off.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 5
thjnfamily
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

I tryed the MTEXTFIXED and nothing.  My drawing is set to 30 scale in model space and the text height of mtext is at 3 and I double click in the mtext and say I want to change it to be 4.  The text suddenly goes to 120, if you times 4 by 30 you get 120.  I cannot figure out why when I edit text through the dialog box it wants to multiply it.  If I used properties box it seems to be just fine.  I do not get the multiplcation factor.  I don't understand why this is happening.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
mathewkol

Is there a reason you're changing text height after double clicking, instead of just chaning it in the properties palette? Best practise is to use the palette. Unless of course you want different heights within the same MTEXT. This is something I've not tried yet with annotative text (more than 1 height in the same MTEXT).
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report