Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text in civil 3D

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
sacprasanna
770 Views, 13 Replies

Text in civil 3D

1. When I create sheet from plan production texts in layout(profile view ,section view etc) are very BIG? How to change  that text size?
  2. Are those texts annotative?
  3. Custom ,annotative,standands scals what these are? what is the diffrence?

Pls help me

Chamara Prasanna
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 SP 1
Sri Lanka
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
gknobbe
in reply to: sacprasanna

All the labels in civil 3D are scaled per Freeport scale or If in model space per drawing scale. If they look big, regen the drawing and they should be the correct size after the regen. If they are not you may want to check to see what your viewport scale is set at.

You would also want to make sure that in your styles that the text size is set to what you want,  real world. Text will scale per your drawing or viewport scale.

Message 3 of 14
wfberry
in reply to: gknobbe

"All the labels in civil 3D are scaled per Freeport scale . . . "

I assume you meant VIEWPORT scale.

Bill

Message 4 of 14
Joe-Bouza

Freeport, Long Island is not far from me , and they do have some fairly large signs Smiley Very Happy

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 14
wfberry
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe:

I will be watching for you tomorrow with your "LIN tastic" shirt on.

Bill

Message 6 of 14
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: wfberry

Go KNICKS!

We're in Kentucky? good luck

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 14
rvascocu888

I am having the same issue as stated above. I'm working in civil 3D 2016. I've read around and everybody is saying the same thing but I still can't figure out how to make the text smaller. I regenall the text and it does get smaller as I zoom. I'm learning civil 3D as I am really new to the program but the text is stumping me. There is no way to generally change all text including labels ect to say 1/8"?

I am an active duty Army surveyor and am trying to stay within these peramitors as this is my units standard. Any and all guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Message 8 of 14
M_c3d
in reply to: rvascocu888

Is the text style set to annotative? If so is the annotative scale set properly in the drawing?

Message 9 of 14
rvascocu888

My dimstyle is. Is there somewhere to change the label style? And I'm going to assume no to your second question because I tried setting the annotative scale the same way I do in regular cad and it didn't work. My goal is for everything to come out to 1/8"
Message 10 of 14
mathewkol

Are you talking about regular text or Civil3D labels? Please provide a screen capture of you page setup settings for that paper space layout so we can have a look.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 11 of 14
rvascocu888

Civil 3D labels. I'll take a snap later when I get off and back around my computer but when I throw my profile view in a sheet the labels are too big. Even after regen. I need all my text to be 1/8". In Regular CAD I normally set all my dim styles and text to annotative. I'll lock in whatever object I'm annotating in a viewport. Set the scale. Then return to model space and set the same scale used in the viewport and annotate my object. When I return to my sheets the text will be 1/8". When I try this method in C3D it doesn't work.
Message 12 of 14
mathewkol

The usual suspects is the mm or inches setting in your page setup. Edit the page setup in paper space and look to see. It needs to be inches and tour scale MUST be 1=1. Send a screenshot if you're not sure.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 13 of 14
rl_jackson

If all labels are misbehaving. You might want to check the properties of the viewport to verify both scales match.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 14
rvascocu888

All the feedback has been greatly appreciated. I have to go to the field and won't be around my computer as much as I thought so I'll get back to this forum this weekend time frame after I've implemented the suggestions. I appreciate it. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report