Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text for Each in Structure Label!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Jessy1980
440 Views, 6 Replies

Text for Each in Structure Label!!!

Hey,

I am trying to figure out where I can find the 'Text for Each' section in my settings tab under my toolspace. I am trying to create an expression for the pipes that are connected to my structures so it can be added to my structure label. I have looked under pipes and I have looked under structures but there is no section for connected pipes under either of these. The connected pipe property in the expression creator is just the amount of pipes connected to the structure. I need the other section for all the pipe properties that are connected to the structure.

Is there another way to create an expression for the connected pipe info?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
castled071049
in reply to: Jessy1980

You don't need an expression. In your label edit dialog box, drop down the tab circled in red below, and there is a line for inserting "Text For Each" in the structure label. 

Text For Each.PNG

Message 3 of 7
Jessy1980
in reply to: castled071049

I know where to find out how to add it to the structure label but I need to make a custom one because they don't offer an option for what I need.

I need to make my own expression for this drop down list but they don't have this list in the settings tab in toolspace.

Do you know where I can find the section on connected pipes to create an expression for this section?

Message 4 of 7
castled071049

What is it, exactly, that you need in your custom label?

Message 5 of 7
Jessy1980
in reply to: castled071049

I would like to take the Connected Pipe Direction and adjust the angle so that my labels will show as a construction north direction instead of true north.

I would like to create an expression but I can't find the connected pipe direction and other connected pipe info under the structures sections in settings.

Message 6 of 7
tcorey

I see what you're trying to do and, no, I cannot find any way to make an expression utilize connected pipe properties and neither can I find a way to make a Text for Each component read structure or pipe expressions.

I'll be watching this thread in case someone has an answer, but my guess is that it's an oversight or was not ranked as a priority within Autodesk development. Wishlist!

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 7 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: tcorey

You should be able to build that expression for an alignment Lbl no?...Use Alignment from Network Parts with an Alignment Label Set populated to get the angle to automate the process a bit.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report