Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template Troubles with Point Data Defaults, Text issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ValentineCADy
278 Views, 4 Replies

Template Troubles with Point Data Defaults, Text issues

Using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012, new user, familiar with Autocad 2005 and Land Desktop software.  Having some issues with template creation.
1. Following directions, I can change settings in ToolSpace (regarding points and lable settings).  However, when I import points they do not "conform" to the settings that I have chosen.  I can get the points to change to match the form I desire (changed text size, want point#-description-elevation displayed), but only after I have imported them into the drawing (by using the point editor).  Seems that 'something' is over-riding my settings.
2. Using L60,L80,L100,etc. for text.  Sometimes the text comes in at an exagerated size, then note that the size has changed itself from a typical height (like say, 10) to 2000. 
3. Not sure how to control what layer the automatic Line / Curve Labels come in on.  Can this be set, or is it default only.
4. Not having any luck deleting existing layers that I don't need.  I can create new layers.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: ValentineCADy

If you don't already have one then go out and get a copy of Mastering Civil3d - see some of the other current threads from users who are in the same position as you are.

There is a whole hierarchy of styles and settings that you need to be aware of, especially for points.  I would suggest that before you worry about specific cogo points you should start by getting the settings at the Drawing level right, then work through the Feature level of settings, so that you know what default styles will be used when objects are created.  Once that work is done then you can make changes to the way an individual command or a style operates.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
gjrcmb
in reply to: ValentineCADy

SBoon's suggestion is a good one.  Also I found that the tutorials where helpful: AutoCAD Civil 3D Tutorials

My responses to your questions:

1. Point display can be controlled by Description Keys and/or Point Groups.  See recent post:  Survey point layers

2. Perhaps this has to do with Annotative Text and Annotation Scales?  See Scale Annotations

3. This would be controlled by the label styles and default style settings:  Object and Label Styles

4. You may not be able to delete a layer because it is set to be used by C3D objects or their style settings: Layers

Message 4 of 5
ValentineCADy
in reply to: sboon

Thank you.

John

Message 5 of 5
ValentineCADy
in reply to: gjrcmb

Thank you. 

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report