Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRUE TYPE FONT ELEVATION

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
CADEngr2014
1021 Views, 11 Replies

TRUE TYPE FONT ELEVATION

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2014. 

I have changed to use arial true-type font recently and notice that the font can take an elevation, if your snaps happen to drag the font to the elevation of the snap.  The issue with this is that the font will appear bold or slightly darker than a non elevated text.  The stand alone text has a "Z" value in properties that can be adjusted back to 0, but text in a multileader style does not have that same control.  Is there a way to control the elevation of a true type font that is in a multileader style?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: CADEngr2014

In the future set OSNAPZ to 1 before you draw mleaders and they will all snap to elev 0 if your Elevation system variable is set to zero.

As for the existing ones you will need to move them manually. I might go to a Left or Right side view in model space to id the mleaders above elev 0. Hopefully they are all at the same elv and you can globally move them with the AutoCAD command. If not it's one at a time.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Pointdump
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John,

That's a subtle distinction that I've never thought about before. Thanks for posting that.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Pointdump

HTH. 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
tgsearles

John,

I have been experiencing the same issue in Civil 3D 2016 with pipe network labels, or any other 3d object with an elevation value other than zero, from what I can tell.

Do you know of a solution for these labels tied to 3d objects?

Thanks in advance,

Todd Searles

Pierce County Public Works

Message 6 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: tgsearles

Have you tried to place the labels with osnapz set to 1? I just tested it on 2015 and if osnapz is zero I get an elevation other than zero. If osnapz is set to 1 I get an elevation of zero. Both points ID'ed from a NODE on the dragged structure label text.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
bforr

thanks for that
Message 8 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: bforr

np

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: bforr

Unfortunately it does not work.

If you set a 3d view and set osnapz back to 1 the true elevation is shown.

don't think this can be changed in C3D labels.

Why do you need these at z=0? 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
jmayo-EE

Sorry. Ignore my last question.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
tgsearles

You're right, it doesn't work.  Tried your suggestion to set OSNAPZ to 1, then erased one of the pipe labels and brought it back in and saw no change.  Unless there is another system variable to control the labels tied to C3D objects (in my case pipe network structures/pipes, alignments, profiles), I can't think of another remedy.

If you think of something, or stumble upon a fix, let me know?

Thanks for responding.

Todd

Message 12 of 12
tgsearles

A couple admittedly half-baked ideas:

A LISP routine to allow these 3D labels to gain a Z value in properties. 

A LISP routine to convert the raster-based True font styles to plot (or model, for that matter) as vector-based, as the acad font styles are.

??  I am a rookie as far as LISP is concerned.  Not sure how to approach the code for either of these ideas, or if they are even possible.

Thoughts?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report