AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 1 of 3 (124 Views)

Switching Modelspace Viewports

124 Views, 2 Replies
11-01-2012 06:56 AM

I asked this a long time ago but I'm hoping something has changed. If I have 2 Modelspace viewports is there any way to switch their contents? Right now I create 2 views and restore them in alternate viewports.

Allen

I actually meant to post this in the Autocad 2012 group. But if anyone here has the answer, it would be appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
Neilw
Message 2 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: Switching Modelspace Viewports

11-01-2012 11:23 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

I would use named views just as you have. I don't think there is any command or OOTB tool to do it if that is what you are looking for.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
Infrastructure Suite/C3D 2013, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 7 64 PRO
HP Pavillion h8xt, i7 2600, 12 GB
RADEON 6450, 1 GB
http://www.sec-landmgt.com
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 3 of 3 (95 Views)

Re: Switching Modelspace Viewports

11-01-2012 11:46 AM in reply to: Neilw

I thought as much. I was just hopeful. I have one MS VP open on each of 2 monitors and the way it's set up one is more "in front" of me. So I like to have the one I'm actively working with on that monitor. Today is one of the days I had to switch back and forth a lot. So it came to mind again.

Allen

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs