Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap Part Problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2613 Views, 7 Replies

Swap Part Problem

I'm using 2010 and editing a drawing created in 2009. I am trying to swap a pipe that was a 24" to a 30". The program will let me swap to some sizes, but when I swap to 30", it reverts to a 15" diameter.

Anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having the same problem...

I try to swap a 4" pipe to a 6" pipe but pipe properties and pipe label show it as 1.25". I have tried editting the part list and even used part builder to create a new 6" PVC pipe but it doesn't fix it. All the parameters say it's 6" but the label and properties still say it's 1.25". Also, I can swap to any other pipe size without any problems. But the only size I can not swap to is 6".

Note: As a test, I started a new drawing and created another pipe network with a 6" pipe...it worked fine. It labeled the pipe correctly. That made me think that the file I was working in is corrupt. But doing an audit doesn't find any errors in the dwg file.

Am I overlooking something?
Message 3 of 8
TherealJD

Just came across the same problem in a drawing. I can swap the part from a 525mm to 450mm, but only the description is updated. All the other info remains 525mm. I've audited the drawing as well, but the problem still exists. There's a few sizes in the drawing that are that way. Using C3d 2009. I've been searching online and haven't found any solutions for this.

Message 4 of 8
SethHall

Hi Travis-

I have come across similar issues in the past, and typically it is caused by some sort of drawing corruption. What happens if you LANDXMLOUT the pipe network and LANDXMLIN into a new clean drawing? Can you then swap parts without issue?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: SethHall

Hi Seth,

Have you up channeled this to Civil 3D Development?

Sure seems like this is a bug that needs to be resolved and a patch sent out.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Civil 3D 2011?  I did see this in C3D 2010 but haven't seen it in the latest version as of yet.

Thanks,

Brian

Message 7 of 8
michaela.g

This problem still exists in Civil 3D 2011 when using my 2008 drawings. Funny thing is this problem isn't showing up when I open those drawings in Civil 3D 2009. 

Michaela

Message 8 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: michaela.g

When I have seen this issue, it typically effects only one or two specific sizes. I have used these steps to get the desired result and swap in for the correct part:

1. Open your drawing, open Part Builder, and remove the <<part size>> from the Part Family.
  2. Validate and Save the Part Family.
  3. Delete the <<part size>> from your Parts List, the PARTCATALOGREGEN, <P> & <S>.
  4. Save and close the drawing.
  5. Reopen the drawing, open Part Builder, and add the <<part size>> to the Part Family.
  6. Validate and Save the Part Family.
  7. PARTCATALOGREGEN <P> & <S>; then add the <<part size>> to your Parts List.
  8. Select the pipe and swap to the <<part size>>.

Hope these steps can help overcome this issue!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report