Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Pro 5.4.1 .Raw files and Surveylink

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mpowelljr79
3852 Views, 7 Replies

Survey Pro 5.4.1 .Raw files and Surveylink

Our newer collectors have just been upgraded to Survey Pro 5.4.1 and we're having issues converting the .raw files in to .fbk with Survey Link, has anyone else had any issues with this?  I have access to Foresight DXM and it will convert the files but for those who don't this could be a pretty big issue.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rl_jackson
in reply to: mpowelljr79

Just for giggles make the file name 8 characters and try to convert it.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
IanMcClain

SP 5.x can create .fbk directly, under Job > Reports.  

Be forewarned: it is buggy. I have been unable to create .fbk  from some jobs with RTK data. Exporting to .raw and using Foresight has yet to fail, though.

Ian McClain
Message 4 of 8
mpowelljr79
in reply to: rl_jackson

Well... how about that.  I just had a flashback to working in DOS.  So strange though considering we've converted hundreds/thousands of .raw files with long file names prior to 5.4.1 in Survey Link.

Message 5 of 8
mpowelljr79
in reply to: IanMcClain

I know Survey Pro can convert directly to a .fbk, most of the time our files are large enough to make it punt though.  

Thanks,

Mark

Message 6 of 8
darryn

I have yet to have any problems with this method with the latest Survey Pro 5.4. The most common problem with Converting an RTK RAW file is the Scale factor is missing(SF). Only different is I convert the RAW file to an RW5 file before I use surveylink to convert to FBK.
Message 7 of 8
nmessina

Survey Pro 5.4.1 uses a new*.survey file format which can easily be converted to a number of formats including Autodesks FBK format. There is an external utility program called "Spectra Precision JXL Style Sheet Converter" which can be used to convert your survey data without using Foresight DXM software.

Spectra Precision JXL Style Sheet Converter

A utility program to apply style sheets to Spectra Precision Survey Pro JXL files.

Nicholas, Messina Jr., PSM
Message 8 of 8
nmessina

Survey Pro 5.4.1 uses a new .survey file format which can easily be converted to a number of formats including Autodesks FBK format. There is an external utility program called Spectra Precision JXL Style Sheet Converter, which can be used to convert your survey data without using Foresight DXM software.

http://legacy.spectraprecision.com/survey-pro-downloads.asp?Nav=Collection-71637

Nicholas, Messina Jr., PSM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report