Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
316 Views, 3 Replies

Survey Points

I have a .txt point file (PNEZD) that I imported into Civil 3D 2010. The points come into the drawing with messed up coordinates. The northing and easting coordinates are correct in the .txt point file and the points that have been saved into the survey database have the correct northing and easting coordinates. When I insert the points into the drawing file, the coordinates get messed up. I have some points that are off in the northing or easting by as much as 3'. It seems that there is some setting that might be causing this that I am missing. I can't seem to find anything. The drawing coordinate system is the same as the coordinate system that the survey data was collected in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrew Schieltz, E.I.
C3D 2010
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sinc
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have anything turned on in the Tranformation Tab? Civil 3D is setup so that the Northing and Easting in the database are the same as the Grid Northing and Grid Easting in your drawing, so if you have something enabled on the Transformation Tab, you can get unexpected results.

The only other thing that comes to mind is to make sure both places are using the same type of foot - US Survey Foot or International Foot. I thought they had fixed it in 2010 so that as long as you select the right coordinate systems, C3D uses the right units, but you might want to verify that.

-- Sinc
http://www.ejsurveying.com
http://www.quuxsoft.com
Sinc
Message 3 of 4
mjfarrell

You will want to set your drawing to No Datum, No Projection, otherwise it is attempting to translate your points onto the grid.
Message 4 of 4
JRedell

Nevermind, I figured it out. There was a setting in the survey database that I missed.... Edited by: JRedell on May 7, 2010 7:04 PM
JRedell, PLS
Erlandsen
Civil3d 2012
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz
Win7 64bit
Quadro FX1700 (Driver 265.70)
8GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report