Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Link Problem Can not convert to fbk file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stevejames5886
477 Views, 3 Replies

Survey Link Problem Can not convert to fbk file

I am trying to convert my TDS .raw file to a softdesk .fbk file and it does not work in Survey Link. It comes up with an error file in use.  Not sure what is going on with this.  How do I make htis conversion.  I have viewed the .raw file in Survey Link and it looks fine.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
IanMcClain
in reply to: stevejames5886

If it says error file in use I would suspect you have the file open in another application, notepad or some other software. If that is the case be sure to close the other application when converting.

Ian McClain
Message 3 of 4
stevejames5886
in reply to: IanMcClain

No that is not the problem.  I got around it by moving the file to the c:\ Civil3D Projects.  Did nothing different to convert but it worked from there.  I was accessing the file from a netwrok drive.  Not sure why it would not work like that?  Any thought why? 

Message 4 of 4
IanMcClain
in reply to: stevejames5886

Just speculation, but It may be some issue with your network's setup or lag due to traffic. I've had files do wierd things like that before. Sometimes I can't re-open a file I just closed with write privleges for 30-60 seconds because the network hasn't caught up and thinks someone else has the file open.

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report