Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Figures in Profile Views Anyone?...............

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
taneum
429 Views, 4 Replies

Survey Figures in Profile Views Anyone?...............

So under the survey figure style properties and on the display tab, you can set the profile and section layers.  Does this mean where my alignment crosses that survey figure that it will show up in my profile view?  If so, why is it not doing this.  I have an underground telephone line that I dropped 2' but it won't show up in the profile view.  Anyone try this yet?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: taneum

I've never tried it, but you might have to run the command PROJECTOBJECTSTOPROF

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
taneum
in reply to: troma

Okay good so that works a little bit.  The issue now is when you click on the survey figure in the profile view, you can edit the survey figure style and in there are a bunch of tabs.  On the profile tab, all I have control over is the start marker, end marker, and internal markers.  On the section tab, even better yet, the crossing marker.  I wish the profile tab had a crossing marker.  Consequently, every verticy on the survey figure shows up in the profile view.  So when my alignment crosses a telephone line, even a verticy 80' to the right of the alignment shows up and when the phone line crosses the alignment at an angle, it gives you the idea that there are like 4 or 5 phone line crossings when really there is only one.  It's nice at least that the section just shows the crossing.

Am I missing something here in regards to the profile crossing?  This would be great as I could setup marker styles for all my utility crossings and not have to draw in individual pipe networks for all the dry utilities.

Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: taneum

I don't know.  I've never worked with Survey Figures at all.

I just tested with a feature line and I couldn't get it to work.  Same as you said: start and end points only in profile view, and crossing point only available in a section view.  I presume the settings are quite similar for these two objects.

If anyone else has figured out how to show the point where the object crosses the alignment I'd be delighted to hear from you!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
taneum
in reply to: troma

The only way I was able to get a crossing point in the pofile was to select the survey figure in plan view and on the ribbon pops up a bunch of commands to edit that survey figure.  One of the command is to insert a PI.  I added one at the alignment/survey figure intersection.  Great, I still have all the other verticies though, and, if the alignment ever moves, that added PI now has to be moved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report