Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Figure Lines Gone

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chevisking67
914 Views, 4 Replies

Survey Figure Lines Gone

OK. I have been working on a topo for the past few days. I had this thing pretty much done and i went to print and noticed my survey figure lines are no where to be found. As I looked into the issue i have came up with no conclusion. I  tried to re-import the database where they came from and you can see the lines pop in and then disappear . I really do not want to re-insert them with out my edits and start from scratch. I tried to grab my autosave and .bak but the figure lines are also missing in those as well. I have researched with no luck, it has happened to others from what ive read. I have been using civil 3d 2011 for 2 years and this is the first. Very Frusterating as the client is waiting on this map. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: chevisking67

CK,

Welcome to the C3D Forum. I think you'll get more people weighing in here than on Beerleg. Please post your drawing. It'll make things easier to diagnose.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 5
doni49

These are featurelines and points from the survey db correct?  Try opening a brand new dwg file, open the Survey DB:

1. browse to the feature lines in the survey db portion of toolspace, right click on featurelines then click "Add to Drawing".
  2. browse to the points in the survey db portion of toolspace, right click on points then click "Add to Drawing".

I don't know what's causing the issue but I'm guessing there's something wrong in your styles display settings.  If everything shows up here, you'll at least know the DB is ok.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
chevisking67
in reply to: doni49

Yes, If I open a blank dwg and insert the figure lines they come in. I just need them to make my map look pretty so im just going to explode down to 3d polys and copy and paste.

Message 5 of 5
IanMcClain

To get them to stay in your drawing I would remove them from the drawing, vie the Survey database, audit, save then re-insert the figures. You will lose edits that were not saved to the survey database, but it should stop their dissapearing act.

Since you are up against a deadline, xploding is probably easeiest. This happened a lot in 2010; they are more stable in 2012.

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report