Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Figure Label

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Cadguru42
340 Views, 6 Replies

Survey Figure Label

I'm running into a problem where I can't make a survey figure label style rotate to the object. Here's the label's settings where I've clearly told it to orient by object.

survey_figure_label1.png

Yet here is what is happening.

survey_figure_label2.png

You can see that the label for the 30" RCP is not following the direction of the object as well as the UNKNOWN SIZE label on the pipe above it. I can't grip edit or rotate the label in any way. What's going on? Can survey figure labels not be rotated to the object like almost every other label in C3D?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: Cadguru42

Same behavior observed here usiing 2014 SP1.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
rl_jackson

For what its worth, C3D2013 does not exhibitthis problem.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Cadguru42
in reply to: rl_jackson

@Anonymous wrote:
For what its worth, C3D2013 does not exhibitthis problem.

This is why I get so frustrated anymore with Autodesk. Why would it work in 2013 & earlier, but break in 2014? The amount of quality control is getting pretty pathetic with Autodesk's software. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 7
david.zavislan

I observe the same behavior in the 2013 and 2014 versions of Civil 3D.  It appears that a figure label orients to the entire figure object, not the selected segment.  Since the figure object does not have a rotation property, the label is coming in horizontal.

To get the label to align with the line you may want to use a survey figure line segment label instead of a figure label.  In the figure line label style use a reference text component to get the figure name.  After placing the label, you will have to edit its properties to assign the figure to the reference text.  (It would be nice if the figure name was available as a property in the figure line segment label styles.)

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
rl_jackson
in reply to: david.zavislan

I have no issue, here's a drawing with both line and figure labels - no issue whatsoever with rotation

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Jason.Ferrelli

When using the segment labels in 2011-2014, they do work as expected and will align to the object. The issue here is that the Survey Figure labels (New label feature in 2013) do not align with the object they are attached to in 2013 or 2014.

The work around at the moment for the users issue of labeling the figure description, is to use a segment label the has a reference link within the style. As this is not ideal, I will be bringing this issue to our development team.

Jason Ferrelli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report