Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Feature Code Attributes

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
owenmull
917 Views, 9 Replies

Survey Feature Code Attributes

Does anyone know how to get attributes for point data to display? More specifically, in the Point File Format Editor, how to get User Defined fields to successfully import in and able to display as either cogo point properties or within the label style? Within the labels, 'User Defined' is not one of the options available. 

Does anyone know of a workaround, short of using excel and merging all attribute data as one entity and using that as my point description?

The attached link will take you to a video which should show what I'm working with. Thanks!

http://www.screencast.com/t/vMWT2Nbe

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
jmayo-EE
in reply to: owenmull

Once you create a User Defined Property Classification (untitled.png) you should be able to add it to a point label component (untitled1.png).

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
owenmull
in reply to: jmayo-EE

@jfmayo wrote:

Once you create a User Defined Property Classification (untitled.png) you should be able to add it to a point label component (untitled1.png).

Ok, I think this gets me closer. Once the Classification is created, how do I apply it so I can use it in my point file format and label style? I created them, but it still wont pop up in the label or the point file format.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Once the User Prop Class is created you can double click one to the Unused columns in the Point File Format dailog (untitled2.png)and select the User Prop Class.

Adding this to a point label style is no different than adding the desc or elevation. It is all done in the Label Style Editor, edit the Contents as seen in untitled3.png.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
jmayo-EE

Dang.

Ok Here is 3. Note that when you edit the contents here you get to the bottom Text Component Editor - Contents dialog shown in untitled1.png

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
owenmull

Ok, thanks! Im still having issues, I created all my desired Prop classes, but when I go to create a new format, they do not appear as an option in that listbox you show with your last image. I suppose a restart is in order, it's just not giving me that option.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

No luck, that option isn't available in the point file format for me. I created them and then created my PFF. Am I missing something?
-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Here is a screen shot of where Im stuck. I cant get C3D to recognize the user defined prop classifications in the PFF. Once I get there editing the style like you pointed out is a simple matter.

Thanks for the help.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Nevermind. Im an idiot. I failed to add properties to the classification, hence why they were not appearing in the PFF. Thanks!

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Glad you got it all worked out Owen.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report