AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
thendryx
Message 1 of 4 (375 Views)
Accepted Solution

Survey Data Collection Link

375 Views, 3 Replies
01-07-2013 12:54 PM

We recently tried to convert a RAW data file to FBK and the program aborted after running several setups.  I have viewed the raw data on the data collector, but there appears to be no error.  What other methods of conversion could I use to convert the RAW data file to a TXT file?  I was hoping that our local AutoCad/Topcon dealer would be able to have a work-around, but they seemed stumped too.  We have never encountered a problem usitlizing the Survey data Collection Link with any of our traverses prior to this time.

Thanks in advanced for any help,

TLH

*Expert Elite*
TRogers
Message 2 of 4 (372 Views)

Re: Survey Data Collection Link

01-07-2013 01:29 PM in reply to: thendryx

Try Stringer Connect.  It's free and easy to use.  If you can't find it, post back here and I will get it to you.

If the issue was resolved by this method, please click on "Accept As Solution"
*Civil 3DJ*
Todd Rogers

Visit my blog here.

Contributor
thendryx
Message 3 of 4 (365 Views)

01-07-2013 01:44 PM in reply to: TRogers

Wow, thanks for the quick come-back.  However, when I accessed the site and tried to download I recieved as message "... StringerConnect.exe is not a valid Win32 application."  So I guess I'll have to check with our IT dept.

TLH

*Expert Elite*
TRogers
Message 4 of 4 (361 Views)

01-07-2013 01:47 PM in reply to: thendryx

Right click on the file that is attached here, StringerConnect200811Install.png and select Save Target as...

Once downloaded, rename it from a .png to a .exe.

If the issue was resolved by this method, please click on "Accept As Solution"
*Civil 3DJ*
Todd Rogers

Visit my blog here.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs