Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface properties in 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
LBernes
267 Views, 4 Replies

Surface properties in 2013

Have a set of nice 3D-polylines, which I am trying to make into a surface. This is because I want to increase range between contours, and I guess one need a surface in order to add height labels to the contours.

In civil3d 2012, when creating a surface, I was immediately given the choice of what range I wanted between the contours, either 1m-5m or 5m-10m, in different styles. In my 2013 version this option is gone, instead there are "contour range" under "surface style", but nothing happens when I edit this one. 

Also, when I have generated a surface, it comes without any contours at all. Only the surface boundary is shown, together with the polylines. When looking at the surface in objectviewer, I can see that is has the correct elevation. 

Why cant I get any contours with my surface? Alternatively, is it possible to reduce the number of polylines to a range of 2 or 5 vertical meter between each line, and then add some nice labels? Now there is only 1 meter between them. 

Any help is highly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: LBernes

It sounds like you started a file without using your company or the NDS template which should have all of these surface styles predefined.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
DaveM

8-27-2013 1-07-08 PM.pngI think you are looking for contour interval as instead of range.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 4 of 5
DaveM
in reply to: DaveM

8-27-2013 1-09-36 PM.png

If you do already have these styles setup, you can use this tool to import them into your current drawing.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 5 of 5
troma

@LBernes wrote:

...I guess one need a surface in order to add height labels to the contours...

While I agree with what all others have said, I will also point out that you don't need a surface to label contours.  I think you have polyline contours at an elevation that you're using to make a surface.  You can label these with elevations using the 'Line/Curve' labels.  No surface necessary.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report