Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface profiles keep disapearing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Joe-Bouza
701 Views, 10 Replies

Surface profiles keep disapearing

I have a couple of files with DS surfaces that I cut profiles with and all was fine until today. the surface ref is in the drawing but does not display. If I zoom to it goes to a location not related to the site but there is no display of the surface (all layers and style set to display) this is what view props shows. notice the odd serial number for the data source. through tools space I deleted the refs and re-refed and sampled, but when I close and go back its gone again. Any thoughts?

PROFILES GONE MISSING.PNG

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I have some customers that this is happening to and I filed a case with Autodesk and basically there is no answer to why this is happening.  We chalked it up to being a corrupt drawing.  That is not the case.  It's starting to happen across the office and to more users.  I hope we can actually get an answer to this soon!!

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thats scary, Todd. Hope it doesn't end like "the invasion of the bod snatchers" <G>

Thanks

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM

It's got to be some kind of order of operation or something.  They are the only customers of ours that are having this issue.  Thing is, no one knows where to start troubleshooting it.  All of the 1., 2., 3...steps do nothing (audit, -purge, etc., insert into clean drawing with OTB template, etc.).

YES, it's scary!!

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 11
SethHall
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Looks like it may be looking for the handle for some reason. Open in data shortcut editor and change the "use to match" to handle or name and see if that helps.

2013-06-17_0848.png

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 6 of 11
Neilw_05

Joe,

You marked this as resolved but I don't see how in the marked solution. Could you clarify how it was resolved?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 7 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Neilw_05

Neil, I was equally surprised to see it resolved because I have no recolection of hitting that button. Can I unresolve it?

Your Name

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
Neilw_05

Well since you are a member of the Expert Elite society you do have the ability to unresolve a solution. Go the the post marked as the solution and pick the Options hyperlink at the upper right. You should see a "Not the solution" option. Pick that to unmark the post.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 9 of 11
SethHall

I fixed it... it should not be "solved" any more.

Did you have a look at my suggestion?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 10 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: SethHall

Thanks Seth

Your Name

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
tim.scott

I don't know exactly what is going wrong with civil 3D at this point, but I do know what you can do for a work around. Apparently Civil 3D has been struggling with this since version 2006.

Step 1. Open the source drawing where the surface was created and set the surface to rebuild-automatic by right-clicking on the surface in the toolspace. (This is the key)

Step 2. Open the reference drawing where the profiles are, right-click on the data-referenced surface, and synchronize. This should bring the surface profile back into your profiles.

FYI do not change the surface profile to static. The linetype generation will no longer work if you do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report