AutoCAD Civil 3D General

nmbrsbypnt
Message 1 of 3 (728 Views)

Surface profile text is not displaying properly on viewport of xrefed drawing

728 Views, 2 Replies
07-13-2011 07:09 AM

I've encountered a problem that not even my trusty veteran AutoCAD expert can figure out.

I'm using AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D 2012 and have drawing a profile from a surface I created from contour lines for a given project. In the Edit Profile View Style box I have the text set at "Standard" (Standard in my Text Style box is set as Annotative & Paper Text Height is "0"). I have the text height for my Major Tick Detail set at 1", for example.

Units for the drawing are set at Feet and the text is displayed at a height of 1 FT in the drawing.

In paper space (Viewport is set at Annotative scale of 1:1 and has the standard scale set at 1:10) of the base drawing, the text displays correctly at 1".

When I Xref the drawing into another drawing the text in model space shows up correctly at 1 FT, but in my viewport on paperspace (Viewport snnotation scale = 1:1 and standard scale 1:10, units for the drawing are in FT), my text shows up as 1/12th of an inch (0.08").

What am I doing wrong? I can do a work around and change the text heigh, but I'd really like to know how I could fix this problem.

Thank you!

*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 2 of 3 (674 Views)

Re: Surface profile text is not displaying properly on viewport of xrefed drawin

08-24-2011 09:23 PM in reply to: nmbrsbypnt
Look at your page setup for the layout. Is it set to mm or inches? Change it.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 3 of 3 (673 Views)

Re: Surface profile text is not displaying properly on viewport of xrefed drawin

08-24-2011 09:23 PM in reply to: nmbrsbypnt
Also, the plot scale has to be 1 to 1.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs