Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface is not updating in Sheets

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KMingTraining
294 Views, 4 Replies

Surface is not updating in Sheets

I have created a sheets using the Sheet creation frunction in Civil 3D.  I am creating sheets for a pipe network.  Unfortunately, the surface, which is dref'd into the base drawing and thus dre'd into each sheet, is not working properly.  Everytime I open a sheet the surface does not display.  I have to synchronize the surface to get it to display even though the surface does not give an error message that it needs to synchronize.  Once I synchronize the surface, it shows up.  I don't want to have to do this in every sheet. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: KMingTraining

Version? Sp?. OS?

This type of behavior has been discussed here? Try a search, maybe there is a fix

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: KMingTraining

There are usually problems similar to what you're describing if:

A pipe network is attached and loaded as an Xref and the same pipe network is also Dref'd into the sheet drawing.

If the above is true, try detaching or unloading the pipe network source dwg xref, save, close and open.

Any changes in the behavior of surface synch?
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 5
KMingTraining
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Version 2015, Windows 7 64 bit.

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Jay_B

Hey Jay

Thanks for the reminder.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report