Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface going crazy...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andrew.warren
261 Views, 2 Replies

Surface going crazy...

I have a surface of a treatment Pond setup and everything is fine with the Original. But it is in a high water table area so the first one was designed to be all Fill. When I do a Balanced Pond by lowering the contours is where I am having problems.

I manually drew Contours showing the inside of the Pond and the lip just over the edge. This will not change and I know what it should look like. I then Graded to Daylight and turned on the contours to show what it should look like. Like I said above the all Fill one I did at first is fine, but when I lowered my Contours to make a balanced design my contour lines start looking like zigzag or insulation line types in a couple areas. And it only happens the the portion I used grading on? See Pic...
Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I deleted the Grading then recreated it and it showed up correctly... But I would still like to know how to fix it manually???
Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 3 of 3

It looks as if the triangulation is the issue going around the curve. I would look at the tesselation settings in your grading objects.
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report