Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface from Corridor loses definition

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
c_c__
562 Views, 4 Replies

Surface from Corridor loses definition

C3d 2011 updated to all service packs

39 meg overlot design file

I have had this issue at least 3 times and twice on the same drawing.  I create a surface from corridor and add several polylines and feature line as well as a boundary to the surface.  Randomly it will lose all definition (breaklines and boundary) and i will have to "select similar" (and hope I get everything) and add all of my definition back.

Any ideas why it does this?  It seems to only occur on large files and when my frequency is tight on curve and vertical curves.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: c_c__

This may or may not help, but it is generally considered bad practise to edit a corridor surface.  Instead, make a new blank surface, paste in the corridor surface, then add extra data to this new surface.  Make sure you rebuild it whenever the corridor changes.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 5
c_c__
in reply to: mathewkol

no kidding?...I have never heard that or heard of your workaround for edits. 

I need to ask this communtiy:  Is this a common practice that I have overlooked? 

At our company we have always done the edits (adding breaklines, boundaries and contour) to the corridor surface and only recently has this become a problem.  I will give your advice a shot and see if it helps.  Thank you for the advice.

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: c_c__

The method Matt mentioned is the one I have used since my second corridor, many moons ago. The corridor surface should remain untouched by the user outside of the Corridor Properties.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
c_c__
in reply to: Jeff_M

I have started using the method mentioned above and I am getting the same results (surface loses breaklines, boundary and contour data added to pasted surface). 

Regardless, I will continue to use the "paste" method in future projects.  Perhaps it is a corrupted file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report